Starting a reef tank in a few weeks.

heidisdad2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reading a lot on this site for about a month now and find it very helpful. I am currently doing a remodel on my house and want to have a fish tank as pretty much the center piece of the home. I had a saltwater reef tank 10 years ago in a 37g bowfront. Its been tucked away in my garage because my intent was to always start this thing back up again, whats been stopping me is the time and money it takes. After 10 years i am finally ready to get it going again except i realized something, I now want a brand new one.

I have my heart set on a 150g SCA aquarium. Was originally going to go with the full pnp system, but realized i wanted something customizable that will look amazing. I have an uncle that is a carpenter that specializes in luxury cabinets. I will have him to help me make the stand. I really had my hear set on that internal overflow system because it can go flush with the wall and look great. But what i am hearing is getting the ghost external overflow on the back is the way to go. I don't want to have any regrets a year or 2 from now. So it looks like i will be putting this thing together from scratch and using this site for a good chunk of my research. Appreciate everyone's input on this forum and hopefully i will be able to provide some input on my build as it goes. Very excited on this project.

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R...

giphy.gif

Back