Starting a SCA 120 build need help and advice

youngblood421

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So most of the help I need at the moment is how to properly plumb my sump not sure what parts Are needed and where they should go. I have a picture below to show what I’m working with.

also my equipment list is this so far (nothing is bought yet but on my wish list.
-140 pounds of dry rock
- 3 bags of Fiji arag-alive live sand
-cor 15 intelligent return pump (1500 gph)
-2 bulk reef supply heaters
-Neptune systems apex controller and wav pump 2 pack
-3 noopsyche k7 pro II Led lights
-noopsyche controller
- forget the skimmer I wants name

C2C4D7B4-F38A-43A5-8715-DDEAFC7BD8DF.jpeg 37E47CEC-DD70-45B7-85FB-B771EDD2B7DF.jpeg image.jpg E2CFE4CC-12AE-4EBA-9417-29D11326D1BE.jpeg

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say you have too much live rock but that’s the only critique I have for you. I also just set up an SCA120 with the COR-15 and I think it does a great job. I’m only running mine at 50%.

as for plumbing, make sure you’re getting valves and stuff from BRS. PVC is PVC so you can grab that anywhere, but the white valves (that I used before I knew better) will become difficult to turn over time. If you’re not sure about what else you need, check out Reef Dudes video on YouTube for plumbing. I thought it was this super daunting process, but I watched that video and was able to plumb the tank exactly how I wanted it on the first try.

OP
OP
youngblood421

youngblood421

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say you have too much live rock but that’s the only critique I have for you. I also just set up an SCA120 with the COR-15 and I think it does a great job. I’m only running mine at 50%.

as for plumbing, make sure you’re getting valves and stuff from BRS. PVC is PVC so you can grab that anywhere, but the white valves (that I used before I knew better) will become difficult to turn over time. If you’re not sure about what else you need, check out Reef Dudes video on YouTube for plumbing. I thought it was this super daunting process, but I watched that video and was able to plumb the tank exactly how I wanted it on the first try.
Thanks man! I’ll maybe start with less rock. It’s honestly less rock than my local store recommended lol. How much do you have

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never actually measured mine. I had some lying around, and then a friend gave me a bunch of rock from a build he never started.

OP
OP
youngblood421

youngblood421

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my build got pushed back due to building a new house. The house will be ready early October and slowed down some of my big upgrades I wanted on the tank to start with. So now I’m asking help on budget return pump, wave makers and heater just to get the tank cycling. I’m going with noop lights and will eventually upgrade return and everything with apex pumps but for now I need it cycling on a budget so it’ll be ready for my torches in 4 months or so. Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Back