Starting again with Nuvo Encore Concept 20

AllYouCanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Used to be in the hobby for a few years but when I moved out in 2021, I sold everything and didn't start a new reef tank.... Until now. So I consider myself a newbie again since I forgot most things and was too shy to post on this forum when I was in the reef hobby. Picture below of the reef was my 60 gal tank with hammers and torches and some nems before I sold and moved. I currently have a planted tank that's pretty low maintenance. It's an innovative marine nuvo 20. I really love it but I just keep getting drawn back to reef tanks.

Someone basically gave me an Innovative Marine Encore concept 20 and want to try out a reef tank on one end and move my planted tank on the other end.

So how would you setup this reef tank? It's basically 10G each side. My planted tank only has some chili rasboras. Maybe I'll add a betta to it and the reef I'll have two clownfishes. Kinda showcasing the popular stocking options between the two types of tanks. But I want to see what suggestions yall have. One side definitely has to be freshwater since I can't have two separate tanks (not much room in this new place) and I don't want to get rid of the planted tank (tho the stocking can change).

Pic for reference.
IMG_0238.png

My planted tank
IMG_5746.jpeg

Old 60G reef before I moved.
20200108_005632_Original.jpeg

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

That's a super fun idea. I wonder how having plant focused spectrums of light will effect algea growth on the reef side. And if the blue reef light will do anything to the fresh side.

I have never seen that dual tank before so I'm excited to see what you will do with it.

OP
OP
A

AllYouCanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

That's a super fun idea. I wonder how having plant focused spectrums of light will effect algea growth on the reef side. And if the blue reef light will do anything to the fresh side.

I have never seen that dual tank before so I'm excited to see what you will do with it.
That's the experiment I want to run. I have a Cobalt Aquatics C-ray 200 wifi light. It's a great light but unfortunately it's only wifi enabled so you'd have to use it's non-existent app. The app can only be found thru downloading an APK using an Android device. So I use an old pixel 4 to control the light. Anyways I want to keep using this light since I'm not sure if can sell this light to buy new ones. I'm planning to run the spectrum I've been using for my planted tank and add a little bit of blues and purples but at most I'll have some softies to start.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%

Back