Starting new journey on 2g pico tank

eaareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all at reef2reef, the tank is my second adventures on reef tank. This time it's going to be bare bottom lps and softies 2g tank. Equipped with hob tidal 35 and red sea led 50 set on 15% blue and 5% white. The lights ramp up and down for 3 hrs, max setting for 6 hrs for total of 12 hrs.

Tank setup on 25th Feb 2023 with live rock. The inhabitants green hairy mushroom, purple anthelia, and toadstool.

It's going to be a low maintenance tank. I haven't water change for the past month, only cleaning the filter once.

Evaporation is my biggest concern, so I made diy gravity ATO with 2g ice cream bucket and drip it 200 ml/day.

After a month I add micromussa and some mushrooms (I don't know the name).

Hopefully this is going to be a smooth ride in the future.

EAA03286.JPG

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all at reef2reef, the tank is my second adventures on reef tank. This time it's going to be bare bottom lps and softies 2g tank. Equipped with hob tidal 35 and red sea led 50 set on 15% blue and 5% white. The lights ramp up and down for 3 hrs, max setting for 6 hrs for total of 12 hrs.

Tank setup on 25th Feb 2023 with live rock. The inhabitants green hairy mushroom, purple anthelia, and toadstool.

It's going to be a low maintenance tank. I haven't water change for the past month, only cleaning the filter once.

Evaporation is my biggest concern, so I made diy gravity ATO with 2g ice cream bucket and drip it 200 ml/day.

After a month I add micromussa and some mushrooms (I don't know the name).

Hopefully this is going to be a smooth ride in the future.

EAA03286.JPG
You said worrying about ato? Do you have a float valve or a sensor or is it constant?

OP
OP
eaareef

eaareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said worrying about ato? Do you have a float valve or a sensor or is it constant?
It's a constant drip. I measured the evaporation everyday for 2 weeks before I made the ATO. I tried to make a stable room temperature in the room. AC 25⁰C 12 am to 9 pm, 9 pm to 12 am I ventilated the room with opened window and exhaust fan.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back