OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My town was having a Salute to the Armed Forces and they asked me as a Veteran to come and display my Steam Punk stuff for the event. It was on the beach and very cool. There was also about 50 vintage cars there as well as bands etc.
That's the first time I wore my Dog Tags in almost 50 years. I am surprised I found them

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may move soon so I need to sell most of these steam punk things which breaks my heart. I put them on Etsy. They keep moving back my art show so I need to make room.
But stupid me, I keep building more steampunk fish and I have two in the works. :rolleyes:

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may move soon so I need to sell most of these steam punk things which breaks my heart. I put them on Etsy. They keep moving back my art show so I need to make room.
But stupid me, I keep building more steampunk fish and I have two in the works. :rolleyes:
I'd be interested in the fish lamps!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish are extremely cool if I do say so myself. I want to keep 2 of them but I am not sure which two. I am keeping the porcupine fish because I just can't part with it. It's just to cute. :rolleyes: I am building another one soon with longer spines. I don't think I am allowed to sell them on here but they are also not real cheap as many people seem to want them.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do a fish floor lamp. Like a school of fish. :)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good suggestion, I may do that. Thanks :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I am moving soon, I need to sell all these lamps so I put some of them on Etsy. I will list the rest of them as soon as I get time as it is a little of a pain to list them there as you need to weigh them, fill out a big form and describe the thing. I do want to keep 2 of the fish though. I can't part with this porcupine fish and I will be building more of them a little different soon I hope.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am all excited because my SteamPunk art work is going to be exhibited in two Mid Town Manhattan art Galleries. I may get to be just like Leonardo DiVinci but with less hair.
I want to start painting pictures of Campbell Soup cans :p

I am almost finished doing a new angler fish. I will post a picture when he, or she is done. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just a hobby like fish and looking at my feet. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, but don't congrate me yet. The gallery may give me $14.75 for them :eek:
I can't call myself an artist because I never sold any art. I am still a retired electrician with a few hobbies and a fish tank :D.
I will go into Manhattan to visit my Grand Kids and see this gallery guy to see how worthy he thinks this stuff is.
It may be garbage as I have no idea. To me it is just fun to build.
This latest fish seems to be really cool and after I put on the mouth and teeth, and build a base, I will take a picture.
I think this will be the Jewel of the collection and like the rest of them very hard to let go of. :confused:
I know I have to change that idea because I have too many.
I was going to just sell all of them cheap, until this gallery wanted them. I will be kind of excited to have them displayed in a FooFoo Manhattan Gallery beside real artists works.
I think they should go near some of Michelangelo's stuff. :rolleyes:

Very soon I have to start building rock for my tank move. I want to build a large structure to keep my reef off the bottom. There is just so much to do with the move. I threw out and gave away so much stuff already including many tools, all my Scuba equipment, all my books, my snow blower is going to a friend as is the rest of my garden tools and many power tools.
There is a 55 gallon tank in a friends LFS to transfer the contents of my tank to in case the move doesn't coincide with selling my house.

Last edited:

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, but don't congrate me yet. The gallery may give me $14.75 for them :eek:
I can't call myself an artist because I never sold any art. I am still a retired electrician with a few hobbies and a fish tank :D.
I will go into Manhattan to visit my Grand Kids and see this gallery guy to see how worthy he thinks this stuff is.
It may be garbage as I have no idea. To me it is just fun to build.
This latest fish seems to be really cool and after I put on the mouth and teeth, and build a base, I will take a picture.
I think this will be the Jewel of the collection and like the rest of them very hard to let go of. :confused:
I know I have to change that idea because I have too many.
I was going to just sell all of them cheap, until this gallery wanted them. I will be kind of excited to have them displayed in a FooFoo Manhattan Gallery beside real artists works.
I think they should go near some of Michelangelo's stuff. :rolleyes:

Very soon I have to start building rock for my tank move. I want to build a large structure to keep my reef off the bottom. There is just so much to do with the move. I threw out and gave away so much stuff already including many tools, all my Scuba equipment, all my books, my snow blower is going to a friend as is the rest of my garden tools and many power tools.
There is a 55 gallon tank in a friends LFS to transfer the contents of my tank to in case the move doesn't coincide with selling my house.
I hope it goes well! Please keep me updated. I am still interested in buying one or 2 from you if you choose to. [emoji4]

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. I want to see what this artist says. It may be worth a fortune or go to the scrap metal yard. :eek:

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible work! I may have to dig out some of my scraps and see if I can get creative :) I love the antique look to it all. Never would have guessed the lamp was pvc

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The latest fish I think is the best, but I will leave that up to you guys to tell me if it is a piece of scrap copper or not. I hope to finish it this week :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A wall sconce would be nice to see.

As a matter of fact, someone wants me to build them some wall sconces, but as of now, I am not doing custom builds as I don't have the time. It is just a hobby and I like to build what interests me at the moment. :D

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 115 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back