Step 1…

WhatCouldGoWrong71

TheDryReef
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
3,751
Reaction score
2,772
Location
Memphis
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Started testing the stock tank that will live in the house as I start the tank break down process in order to gear up consolidating two tanks into the new one that will be here in a month. I estimate this will be up and running in the house for about 6-8 weeks. It’s silent and when power to the pump is lost there is plenty of space in the sump for run off. This should be operational on Saturday.

IMG_4010.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Start testing the stock tank that will live in the house as I start the tank break down process in order to gear up consolidating two tanks into the new one that will be here in. Month. I estimate this will be up and running in the house for 6-8 weeks. It’s silent and drains when power to the pump is lost with plenty of space in the sump. This should be operational on Saturday.

IMG_4010.jpeg
Perfect.
Are you going to use the tub as a sump after?
I use one for a sump located in my basement.
 
Last edited:
Following along!
 
Perfect.
Are you going to use the tub as a sump after?
I use one for a sump located in my basement.
Not as a bin, but as part of my emergency evacuation (get stuff out from the big tank and into something else quickly) plan. That and the breeder tank will be stored so as they are ready to go at a moments notice. My new tank is an 96x36 peninsula with multiple bottom closed loop holes. I’m going old school with newER tools. People say I’m nots for cutting holes in perfectly good glass. I probably am cray cray, but I’ve accept the risk, but have lots of safety protocols in place, lol.
 
Last edited:
Perfect.
Are you going to use the tub as a sump after?
I use one for a sump located in my basement.
Also, my wife is letting me build out a man cave using most of the dining room we have never used. This way both my cave and 2 of the 3 sides of a peninsula are right near where the family always is. Since this area is central to everything and should look uncluttered I told her that because of her request I'd have to buy a sump from GEO. I got no push back :) Shhhhh.....
 
Also, my wife is letting me build out a man cave using most of the dining room we have never used. This way both my cave and 2 of the 3 sides of a peninsula are right near where the family always is. Since this area is central to everything and should look uncluttered I told her that because of her request I'd have to buy a sump from GEO. I got no push back :) Shhhhh.....
She's a keeper!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new