Steps post Kalk Paste nuking GSP

TrampledByEwoks

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2021
Messages
87
Reaction score
40
Location
St.Paul
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I landed on using Kalwasser paste as a way to stop my GSP from reach other rocks. Everything went well and I vacuumed up as much of the paste I could.

Polyps haven’t opened for a few days now but now I’m wondering what’s next? Do I just leave the purple encrusted on the rocks? Wire brush it off? I haven’t seen on here what people do next.
 
I've never used kalk to kill GSP but I do remove the purple mat which is how I control mine. I just peel off what I want to remove. If you've already applied the kalk i see no reason not to pull the mat off since removing / stopping it's spreading is what your trying to accomplish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new