Sterazin - A good UK alternative to PraziPro?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

I am running low on PraziPro which is not currently available in the UK. I am looking for a substitute until I travel overseas again just to have some on the shelf in case I need it.

Does anyone have experience with Sterazin? I am looking to have medicine readily available to treat for flukes.

Cheers,

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

I am running low on PraziPro which is not currently available in the UK. I am looking for a substitute until I travel overseas again just to have some on the shelf in case I need it.

Does anyone have experience with Sterazin? I am looking to have medicine readily available to treat for flukes.

Cheers,

I've not used it and its ingredients are a bit of a mystery:

Acriflavine.
Malachite Green.
Piperazine Citrate

Then, some site also list that it contains formalin. The latter may have been removed from their formulation due to problems selling and using that in the UK and the EU.

None of these chemicals are primary anthelminthics. Formalin works, but only as a high dose dip. My conclusion is that this product will not work well for flukes.

Products that you may have locally that would work better include Dactymor, eSHa gdex, Gyrodol plus, Fluke Off, or Tremazol.

The best anti-fluke treatment that you would have at your disposal would be hyposalinity (no invertebrates of course).

Jay

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not used it and its ingredients are a bit of a mystery:

Acriflavine.
Malachite Green.
Piperazine Citrate

Then, some site also list that it contains formalin. The latter may have been removed from their formulation due to problems selling and using that in the UK and the EU.

None of these chemicals are primary anthelminthics. Formalin works, but only as a high dose dip. My conclusion is that this product will not work well for flukes.

Products that you may have locally that would work better include Dactymor, eSHa gdex, Gyrodol plus, Fluke Off, or Tremazol.

The best anti-fluke treatment that you would have at your disposal would be hyposalinity (no invertebrates of course).

Jay
Thanks Jay, I'll save my money for now and stock up in a couple of months when I travel to the US again.

Its not urgent, I just like to be prepared in case i need it.

Merry Christmas

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks Jay, I'll save my money for now and stock up in a couple of months when I travel to the US again.

Its not urgent, I just like to be prepared in case i need it.

Merry Christmas
UK version would be NT Labs acriflavine or even Sera Tremazole which is an equivalent

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back