Stereonephthya Keepers Thread

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news: all are expanding. BAD NEWS: 2 look very smooth, 1 only slightly promising. Wondering if it's worth contacting Aquarium Depot and trying to get a refund:(( Special tips on sclero appreciated. Where do I get those Pacific Clams?? I already have a deresa and a maxima. What makes pacific clams so beneficial?
Pacific oysters, what makes them different from the pretty ones everyone buys is Pacific oysters work for their food, they filter particles in the water, which is most particles and help to certain point reduce nitrates and phosphates as well as act as biological filters filtering the water , they also Spawn from time to time and feed the corals

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As regards to Aquarium Depot , myself running a major company(my company) for 25 + years one thing we're taught before ever starting a business is know your product. What you're going through, tells me aquarium depot has no business being in the business selling a product they do not know. Tells me, they do not know what they're selling and they don't care about the customer. They just care for the almighty dollar. myself running my company the first thing we always remember ,ALL my employees is we treat others as we want to be treated. Talk to them see what happens, but like I say," fool me once but you won't fool me twice." I don't buy from any company that does what they do.
Sorry to hear what you're going through

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As regards to Aquarium Depot , myself running a major company(my company) for 25 + years one thing we're taught before ever starting a business is know your product. What you're going through, tells me aquarium depot has no business being in the business selling a product they do not know. Tells me, they do not know what they're selling and they don't care about the customer. They just care for the almighty dollar. myself running my company the first thing we always remember ,ALL my employees is we treat others as we want to be treated. Talk to them see what happens, but like I say," fool me once but you won't fool me twice." I don't buy from any company that does what they do.
Sorry to hear what you're going through

When you start selling your aquacultured stuff, LMK. I'll let you know their response. It wouldn't tick me off if it was not advertised as a stereo rather than a sclero. I think it confuses people as they think the scleros have sclerites therefore the stereo are the smooth ones. Pretty easy to do and the naming is confusing. Also, if you have a hookup for the pacific oysters that would be great.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you start selling your aquacultured stuff, LMK. I'll let you know their response. It wouldn't **** me off if it was not advertised as a stereo rather than a sclero. I think it confuses people as they think the scleros have sclerites therefore the stereo are the smooth ones. Pretty easy to do and the naming is confusing. Also, if you have a hookup for the pacific oysters that would be great.
Private message me and I'll let you know all the details on the oysters, the ones I have are acclimated to reef tanks

The company if you want to go direct and they'll let you know the nearest market that may have them in your area, I don't know if they're in your area the name of the company is Sol Azul
They're on Facebook and you can message them also where the nearest market around your area may have them. Remember may have them no guarantee

Screenshot_2020-07-30-06-46-22.png

Coachp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a decent lead on where to find some stereonephthya for sale? I've been searching in my spare time and its proving to be quite difficult.

Coachp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a few cuts from the colony

C77554DF-6426-4B44-AD59-0C663F289858.jpeg

21806BDA-FE84-49AD-9B2C-4F682DA0E630.jpeg
Also pm'd.
also thanks Dr. I have a pink Koji already from uniquecorals, ill have to grab a picture when my lights are on. I sure wish I had the time to keep up with nps but I m sure my wife would kill me if I spent anymore time with my tanks lol

NDIrish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to add these guys to my tank. I like the looks of them. Wanted to ask about them from actual people who has experience with them cause the internet has conflicting information.
What are the requirements and care for them?
Are they difficult to raise?
Do they spread in the tank like xenias?
Where can you buy them?
Sorry for all questions but, I want to be sure I can raise them. If so, I am considering to have them to be dominate in my tank.
Thanks.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to add these guys to my tank. I like the looks of them. Wanted to ask about them from actual people who has experience with them cause the internet has conflicting information.
Where can you buy them?
Sorry for all questions but, I want to be sure I can raise them. If so, I am considering to have them to be dominate in my tank.
Thanks.
@MixedFruitBasket has had great success with them. To a piont they thrive.

Skremk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found them to be pretty easy to raise, and don't need anything special. The growth rate varies, but many in my tank grow pretty quickly. I had one purple and yellow specimen drop some babies several years ago, but most of the ones I've had don't seem to do that.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can you buy them?
Thanks.

Good luck finding one to purchase. Most of the time they are scleronepthyea nor stero. Steros have spicules.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I purchased this coral. It's suppose to be a stereonephthya.
Can anyone tell by the pic?

1596672163337.png

Thanks
Should be stereo, but it could also be something different the way soft corals right now are being ID by scientist it's a mess from what I heard. Regardless you don't have a common soft Coral like a colt or a Kenya those do not have scerlites. Those things that are on the stalk that look like scratches. You got something everybody wants. Take care of it not many of those right now

NDIrish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be stereo, but it could also be something different the way soft corals right now are being ID by scientist it's a mess from what I heard. Regardless you don't have a common soft Coral like a colt or a Kenya those do not have scerlites. Those things that are on the stalk that look like scratches. You got something everybody wants. Take care of it not many of those right now
Thanks. I plan on it. What would be the best source for information except for the basic information. Want to do all I can for it to grow.

NDIrish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see it settled and open, nice coral.
Suppose to ship Monday. Once settled I take a pic.

Where is the best source of information on these corals?
Internet has conflicting information. I would like to find out the best water params, most beneficial food, etc. I would like to adding and growing them in my 125. Right now I have Setosa milliapora, Birdnest, toadstool, Duncan and a purple acrapora. Like to fill up the rest of my tank with these types.
Also checking into litophyton, but my understanding they get large.
Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 49 84.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back