Stereonephthya Keepers Thread

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Good news: all are expanding. BAD NEWS: 2 look very smooth, 1 only slightly promising. Wondering if it's worth contacting Aquarium Depot and trying to get a refund:(( Special tips on sclero appreciated. Where do I get those Pacific Clams?? I already have a deresa and a maxima. What makes pacific clams so beneficial?
Pacific oysters, what makes them different from the pretty ones everyone buys is Pacific oysters work for their food, they filter particles in the water, which is most particles and help to certain point reduce nitrates and phosphates as well as act as biological filters filtering the water , they also Spawn from time to time and feed the corals

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
As regards to Aquarium Depot , myself running a major company(my company) for 25 + years one thing we're taught before ever starting a business is know your product. What you're going through, tells me aquarium depot has no business being in the business selling a product they do not know. Tells me, they do not know what they're selling and they don't care about the customer. They just care for the almighty dollar. myself running my company the first thing we always remember ,ALL my employees is we treat others as we want to be treated. Talk to them see what happens, but like I say," fool me once but you won't fool me twice." I don't buy from any company that does what they do.
Sorry to hear what you're going through

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
As regards to Aquarium Depot , myself running a major company(my company) for 25 + years one thing we're taught before ever starting a business is know your product. What you're going through, tells me aquarium depot has no business being in the business selling a product they do not know. Tells me, they do not know what they're selling and they don't care about the customer. They just care for the almighty dollar. myself running my company the first thing we always remember ,ALL my employees is we treat others as we want to be treated. Talk to them see what happens, but like I say," fool me once but you won't fool me twice." I don't buy from any company that does what they do.
Sorry to hear what you're going through
When you start selling your aquacultured stuff, LMK. I'll let you know their response. It wouldn't **** me off if it was not advertised as a stereo rather than a sclero. I think it confuses people as they think the scleros have sclerites therefore the stereo are the smooth ones. Pretty easy to do and the naming is confusing. Also, if you have a hookup for the pacific oysters that would be great.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
When you start selling your aquacultured stuff, LMK. I'll let you know their response. It wouldn't **** me off if it was not advertised as a stereo rather than a sclero. I think it confuses people as they think the scleros have sclerites therefore the stereo are the smooth ones. Pretty easy to do and the naming is confusing. Also, if you have a hookup for the pacific oysters that would be great.
Private message me and I'll let you know all the details on the oysters, the ones I have are acclimated to reef tanks

The company if you want to go direct and they'll let you know the nearest market that may have them in your area, I don't know if they're in your area the name of the company is Sol Azul
They're on Facebook and you can message them also where the nearest market around your area may have them. Remember may have them no guarantee

Have you accomplished something in reefing that someone else said wouldn't work?

• Yes and it was... (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 72 75.0%
  • I tried but they were right....(tell us in the thread)

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • I didn't try it...(what was it?)

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 5 5.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors