Steve's LEDs BC32 intensity?

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so trying to just have the perfect set up(for me [emoji51]) before I even started adding live stock.

Brand new BC32, cycled with nothing but rock and sand in it. I did every upgrade you can before I start adding live stock. Just installed my steves kit(14000k) with his hurricane x controller.

I've got the schedule set up perfect for my viewing needs, only question I have is at what intensity do I set his lights to? I've got the set up for the acclimation intensity right now but I'm not acclimating anytning lol so can I just turn these puppies up[emoji14][emoji14] and add a fish tomorrow? Obv I'll acclimate the fish with no lights, but after the first day does it matter if instead of say 30%(1190 under is hurricaneX intensity), I just start my tank at 50/60%(2380, which is still only half of what his kits capable of) right out of the gate since I'm starting with nothing?

It says on his web site 8000 kits or something sold so hopefully I can get a few of those to chime in [emoji51].

Thanks!!

IanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there's nothing in the tank or if it is just fish, you can run the lights at whatever you want. Once you put corals in, you'll have to turn it back down to 1190 to start acclimation. Just go slow, these are absurdly bright lights. I bleached a monti cap SPS my first week (apparently that's hard to do?).

OP
OP
GatorScott

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there's nothing in the tank or if it is just fish, you can run the lights at whatever you want. Once you put corals in, you'll have to turn it back down to 1190 to start acclimation. Just go slow, these are absurdly bright lights. I bleached a monti cap SPS my first week (apparently that's hard to do?).

Ya basically had to figure it out on my own. This posts old lol. I'm currently 81% blue 25%white. Everything seems good. What do you run?

IanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I'm at 89% blue and 49% white, and that took me right at 8 weeks to acclimate that high.

OP
OP
GatorScott

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I've settled in at 81% blue and 23% white. Everything seems open and happy so don't think I'll go any more.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back