Steves LEDs Biocube32 light upgrade

Ruttigerhawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received the Steve LEDs upgrade for my Biocube32. I've emailed the company but haven't heard back yet. The instructions weren't very clear when it came to the wiring and I'm hoping someone may have some insight. There is a wire to plug into Channels 1 and 2, however no wire for Channels 3 and 4. So it seems we have no access to, or no control over those channels. Has anyone else experienced this? Could we be missing a wire?

jskoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching. My kit will arrive Thursday or Friday.

OP
OP
Ruttigerhawk

Ruttigerhawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I did see that but the instructions are telling me that ch3 and ch4 are used to control the second row of lights and it does nothing because I have no wire to plug into them. I'm just confused I didn't get the uv booster is that what plugs into ch3 and ch4?

OP
OP
Ruttigerhawk

Ruttigerhawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question. I did get the booster, too bad mine has yet to arrive.
Awesome please let me know if you have an extra plug for ch3 and ch4 when you get yours. The lights are excellent I'm just a little slow sometimes lol

jskoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome please let me know if you have an extra plug for ch3 and ch4 when you get yours. The lights are excellent I'm just a little slow sometimes lol
Will do. Let me know how the setup for the controller goes.

jskoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just now got it. Probably be another hour or two before I can do anything.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no direct experience with Steve’s LEDs, but I have heard from a few people that the troubleshooting and support is awful (like really bad). Again, that’s just what I’ve heard, so take that with a grain of salt.

jskoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got them up and running. They are awesome! The only issue I have is that the fan is a little loud.

OP
OP
Ruttigerhawk

Ruttigerhawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stayed at 1200 for both channels. Tuesday I'll bump the blues up a little. I don't want to blast my corals. I am running just blue from 8pm to 10PM but I have to turn them off manually. Still can't figure out how to ramp down with just blues.

jskoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fan was louder than I was expecting too!
I cut the louvres out per the instructions but now I’m thinking about making some sort of baffle that still allows airflow but can cut down on the noise

jskoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stayed at 1200 for both channels. Tuesday I'll bump the blues up a little. I don't want to blast my corals. I am running just blue from 8pm to 10PM but I have to turn them off manually. Still can't figure out how to ramp down with just blues.
Did you set the night mode to 0? Mine should start ramping down soon. I’ll let you know how that goes.

jskoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to ramp down. I set the night mode to 0 on both channels.

Back