Stevo's Profilux 4 - Ultimate Set Build Out

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the latest version of GCC, and installed the latest firmware that came included with it. If I hit X and then immediatly hit the down arrow, I can sometimes get into the settings display menu (sometimes), but most of the time it just pops up the start 1-4 page. Also, when I do get into the settings menu, if I hit X to leave any of the specific settings pages I've entered, it will pop up the "start 1-4" page again lol. I know you probably imagine some old dude smashing buttons, but I assure you that's not the case.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the latest version of GCC, and installed the latest firmware that came included with it. If I hit X and then immediatly hit the down arrow, I can sometimes get into the settings display menu (sometimes), but most of the time it just pops up the start 1-4 page. Also, when I do get into the settings menu, if I hit X to leave any of the specific settings pages I've entered, it will pop up the "start 1-4" page again lol. I know you probably imagine some old dude smashing buttons, but I assure you that's not the case.
Message me direct please. I'll be happy to assist.

cbear44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got in this loop a couple of times after calibration and eventually got out of it. I think that some combination of the UP arrow and the "X" got me out of it. Hard to say. Sounds like you are in a different loop.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got in this loop a couple of times after calibration and eventually got out of it. I think that some combination of the UP arrow and the "X" got me out of it. Hard to say. Sounds like you are in a different loop.

I was wondering last night if there are "hidden" factory settings that are accessed by button combinations. My ATI powermodule is like this and I accidentally made the increments jump a lot with a single push of a button. I dont like it...I want it to move 001 and the value moves 010. Its like button sensitivity was increased. Not saying this is how the P4 is.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet marco will have things running smooth for him very soon.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone confirm/deny if there is maintenance being done on myghl.com? Last 2 days its been on the fritz for me.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same issue with myghl. There's a post on the GHL forums under MYGHL that talks about maintenance being done on the cloud servers, but that was a few weeks ago. I think they're still working on it. Are you getting the server side error?

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same issue with myghl. There's a post on the GHL forums under MYGHL that talks about maintenance being done on the cloud servers, but that was a few weeks ago. I think they're still working on it. Are you getting the server side error?

Yeah its been weird, and I just assumed this was going on.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be working now. I see something new added. A connectivity bar to show us signal strength.

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone's gotten further than I have, I'm still sitting here trying to figure out how to connect to a computer on ghl control center

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everybody for getting back on to let me know its not just me. I was able to get in this afternoon and I was able to see the dashboard.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone's gotten further than I have, I'm still sitting here trying to figure out how to connect to a computer on ghl control center

Sounds like you have GCC software installed and running on the computer, and you have the P4 plugged in. Do you have the USB cable connecting the computer and P4? If yes, youll need to go to "devices", "administration", "new", select the Profilux 4.

Then do the connection settings. Com1, 9600 baud, check rs232/USB, device address 1, timeout 5000.

Click save. Now click on the profilux 4 listed in the lower left. Click connect.

Note - The com # relates to what USB slot your using.

Last edited:

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have GCC software installed and running on the computer, and you have the P4 plugged in. Do you have the USB cable connecting the computer and P4? If yes, youll need to go to "devices", "administration", "new", select the Profilux 4.

Then do the connection settings. Com1, 9600 baud, check rs232/USB, device address 1, timeout 5000.

Click save. Now click on the profilux 4 listed in the lower left. Click connect.

It won't be Com1 for everybody. Mine is on Com3, it just depends on which USB port the USB cable is connected to.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back