Stevo's Profilux 4 - Ultimate Set Build Out

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@choss - I don’t believe we ever connected to troubleshoot your connection issues?
What version FW, WiFi FW are you running?

If you have the P4 set for NTP time updates and it has trouble connecting, possibly receiving invalid NTP data due to bad connectivity I’ve seen it lose time.
Just having it connected via USB doesn’t do anything for time.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me for assistance, we’re here to help..
-m

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7.10. My other issue is that I am not able to upgrade the firmware. I get an error as I try. I have verified the Com etc.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Download GCC 1.1.1.4 and try again, please.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/ghl-control-center-v1-1-1-4/

Make sure to follow each step, and backup your settings first.

Marco I did this several times yesterday. I backed things up. I followed the process exactly as the video shows. I get the error message to turn the P4 off etc. I did it 4 times yesterday. I will try again but it honestly it worries me that simply because there is a newer version of firmware, that the old firmware suddenly starts to malfunction. Do you have any explanation why the P4 would shut itself down today? And is there a way to determine the cause? Does it log activity?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco I did this several times yesterday. I backed things up. I followed the process exactly as the video shows. I get the error message to turn the P4 off etc. I did it 4 times yesterday. I will try again but it honestly it worries me that simply because there is a newer version of firmware, that the old firmware suddenly starts to malfunction. Do you have any explanation why the P4 would shut itself down today? And is there a way to determine the cause? Does it log activity?

There is no such function or ability for the system to start malfunctioning on command, simply because a newer version is released.
My best guess at this time, since providing this info is that somehow with the failed updates it has caused some issues for you.
Again, my offer stands that we’d be happy to assist, same offer that I extended to assist you with your WiFi about a month ago.

Please PM me, and we’ll get you figured out.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco - I have been trying unsuccessfully to resolve these issues with Vinny via email. I'll PM you and we can start the process all over again. The wifi issue is also not resolved yet so we'll have plenty to figure out.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having a ton of issues with my P4. I will create an additional thread detailing the issues I have been having but today when I came home my P4 had shut down. It was still connected to the always on switch on my powerbar but it had shut down all functions it was controlling. This includes my return pump, heaters and lighting..

There is a way to be sure that this does not happen if your powerbars lost contact with your P4 in one or a other way. In GCC got to system; extend the PAB, mark up the powerbar in question and chose configuration. The checkmarks below the powerbar indicates the initial state. If there is a checkmark for a certain outlet - the outlet will work as normal (as the P4 has decided) for 1 minut - after that it will be in on mode. If the outlet is not marked it will go to off after one minute.

Screen Shot 06-05-18 at 10.17 AM.PNG

You have to excuse me but there is something missing in your information. When you come home - was the P4 totally shot down (totally dark) or was it on but not doing its controlling job?

Sincerely Lasse

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a way to be sure that this does not happen if your powerbars lost contact with your P4 in one or a other way. In GCC got to system; extend the PAB, mark up the powerbar in question and chose configuration. The checkmarks below the powerbar indicates the initial state. If there is a checkmark for a certain outlet - the outlet will work as normal (as the P4 has decided) for 1 minut - after that it will be in on mode. If the outlet is not marked it will go to off after one minute.

Screen Shot 06-05-18 at 10.17 AM.PNG

You have to excuse me but there is something missing in your information. When you come home - was the P4 totally shot down (totally dark) or was it on but not doing its controlling job?

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse - the issue is that I am using a PB STDL 4-4 X2 and one PB 5.1. The return pump was on a 4-4 which I don't think allows for this setting. It controls my heaters, ATO, skimmer, and return pump. I have since moved my return pump directly to a wall socket to avoid at least this pump shutting down if the issue happens again. Heaters however are still vulnerable. To answer your question, the P4 showed display lights (but the small LEDs for wifi and alarm were off) - so it had power but had shut down all the powerbars. I had to shut power on the P4 off and on to get it going again.

Last edited:

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I wanted to post an update. Truth be told I was pretty frustrated a few weeks back. But that said, @Marco really came through for me. We took an evening and I let him take over my PC. We believe (marco will confirm) that the shut down issue I experienced had something to do with an attempted firmware update while my P4 was somehow in the manual update mode when you use the keys on the P4. So now I have everything working - wifi is connected, I hooked up a cooling fan to keep the temp stable when the metal halide comes on, and I will try to set up the KH director today or tomorrow. There are a few things I may need some help with:
  • Has anyone hooked up a cooling fan as a chiller - it is on a timer now but I'd like it to come on when temp rises .5 degrees and turn off when stable.
  • KH Director - it comes with a PH probe. If I am running everything off my P4 do I need to install a second probe?
  • The data points in my graphs in MyGHL always tend to be off by a day in either direction. Anyone else experiencing this?
Anyway, I'm quite happy now that marco was able to get things squared away. I have to say that the customer service with GHL has been excellent.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so today I tried to connect my P4 via USB and was unable to. Checking the P4 I noticed that on the display it noted "Operational Mode" and "Transparent mode" I have no idea how the device got into those modes (or what they mean). I hit the X twice and restored the display to show the sensors etc. Now the P4 connects. Anyone else having this kind of issue?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so today I tried to connect my P4 via USB and was unable to. Checking the P4 I noticed that on the display it noted "Operational Mode" and "Transparent mode" I have no idea how the device got into those modes (or what they mean). I hit the X twice and restored the display to show the sensors etc. Now the P4 connects. Anyone else having this kind of issue?

It enters that mode for the WiFi update tool, the exe.
Just have to manually exit or reboot after completion.

Last edited:

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any of you experts know whether it is possible to receive any sort of notification with the P4 (sms, email,...) in case of a power outage?

Many thanks!

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The following calibration steps should be taken after setting up the placement of the P4 and other hardware. Make sure to have downloaded, installed, and done your basic setup on GHL Control Center (GCC) via USB connection.

(Before going any further equalize all calibration fluids to your tanks normal running temperature. You can do this by taking the containers putting them in a zip lock bag, close the bag, and allow the bottles to float inside the bag in your tank/sump for 30 minutes. Leave all the bottle closed tight during this time. Leave floating until its time to calibrate each probe.)

STEVO's QUICK SENSOR CALIBRATION GUIDE

(I am not responsible for anything. Use this at your own risk. GHL's programming manual was used to build this guide, but its not a copy and paste.)

Temperature Sensor

1. Connect the sensor to the P4
  2. Install sensor into tank/sump
  3. Do not manually calibrate/adjust temperature sensor at this time.

pH sensor calibration
  1. connect the sensor to the P4
  2. On your P4 arrow down to "sensor settings" and push enter
  3. Arrow down to "pH-value 1" and push enter
  4. Arrow down to "calibration" and push enter
  5. Enter the "calibration tolerance (choose 1)" and push enter
  6. Enter "calibration value 1" (7.00pH)
  7. Enter "calibration value 2" (9.00pH)
  8. Get your calibration fluid of pH 7.00 out of the bag
  9. Open the bottle and place on the table/flat surface
  10. Put pH sensor into the calibration bottle and push enter. Wait while the sensor calibrates. You will hear a tone when the calibration is complete.
  11. Repeat steps 8-10 for pH 9.00 calibration fluid, and save "YES".
  12. Take sensor out of calibration bottle, rinse off the sensor in a cup of tank water, gently wipe down, install probe into your tank.

Redox sensor calibration
  1. Dont connect the sensor to P4 yet.
  2. On P4 arrow down to "ReDox 1" and push enter
  3. Arrow down to "calibration" and push enter
  4. Enter "calibration tolerance (choose 1)" and push enter
  5. Enter "calibration value 2" (220mV) and push enter
  6. Insert the included "null plug", push enter and wait for a tone
  7. Connect the sensor to the P4
  8. Get the 220Mv calibration fluid out of the floating bag, open it on a table/flat surface, put ReDox probe into solution, and push enter. Wait for tone, and save "YES".
  9. Take sensor out of calibration bottle, rinse off the sensor in a cup of tank water, gently wipe down, install probe into your tank.

Conductivity sensor calibration
  1. Connect the sensor to the P4
  2. On your P4 arrow down to "sensor settings" and push enter
  3. Arrow down to "conductivity (S) 1" and push enter
  4. Arrow down to "calibration" and push enter
  5. Enter the "calibration tolerance (choose 1)" and push enter
  6. Enter "calibration value 2" (50.00mS) and push enter
  7. Arrow down to "temperature - sensor 1" and push enter
  8. Enter "temperature of calibration fluid" (this should be what your temp sensor is reading if calibration fluid has been properly equalized prior) and push enter
  9. Hold sensor in the air, push enter, wait for tone
  10. Hold sensor in calibration fluid, push enter, wait for tone, save "YES".
  11. Take sensor out of calibration bottle, rinse off the sensor in a cup of tank water, gently wipe down, install probe into your tank.
Hi STEVO, wondering if you would know how to us the Redox probe port to connect a second PH probe?

Thanks!

Kind regards

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I tried to change the measurement range in the connect app but it did not have a ph option but should have tried the GCC.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back