OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think its worth the extra cost of the pad Stevo ?

For me yes. I choose this as the main method of feeding and maintaining my system. The parameter and graph read outs are useful too, but you can do the same stuff with a pad I suppose.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@stevo01 have you used their fluid monitoring stuff yet? I'm curious about how much of a PITA the metric to english thread conversions would be.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this is a daft question. Doe's anyone use a tablet mounted somewhere on their aquarium using wifi to control the P4 rather than the touch pad ?
Thanks
I tried this, but soon ditched it as the data isn't refreshed, and times out to quickly, I did try one of the refresh apps but it never worked well, and there was a huge delay between pressing a feed button and anything happening... I wasn't happy and I still think it's a shortfall of GHL, but in the end I got a touch and I must admit it's a great bit of kit...

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried this, but soon ditched it as the data isn't refreshed, and times out to quickly, I did try one of the refresh apps but it never worked well, and there was a huge delay between pressing a feed button and anything happening... I wasn't happy and I still think it's a shortfall of GHL, but in the end I got a touch and I must admit it's a great bit of kit...

You shouldnt be experiencing these problems with the touch screen. I dont have these problems myself.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@stevo01 have you used their fluid monitoring stuff yet? I'm curious about how much of a PITA the metric to english thread conversions would be.

Are you speaking of the calibration fluids? Yes, I use them and you should also. I calibrate the probes using the metric scale and after calibration switch it over to standard.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you speaking of the calibration fluids? Yes, I use them and you should also. I calibrate the probes using the metric scale and after calibration switch it over to standard.

No I mean like the flow monitoring pipes, ir to measure flow through the return line and reactors. They all seemed to be metric fittings.

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@stevo01. Hi, thanks for this thread. Very informative. I am having several issues with my P4 and would really appreciate some help/guidance. I had setup a wifi connection with static IP. I must say that the connection via GCC was always sketchy, at best. Than, some 4 weeks ago, I was no longer able to connect via Wifi neither with GCC. I tried changing the configuration for Auto IP which caused further issues, as now I am completely unable to access even the connections window.

My guess is that I stopped having access with the release of the new update that came out a couple of weeks ago, which I did not know at the time.

My plan is the following:

1 - Delete the current WiFI connection in GCC
2 - Update to the new wifi firmware
3 - Redo the WiFi connection

Does this sound Ok?

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@stevo01. Hi, thanks for this thread. Very informative. I am having several issues with my P4 and would really appreciate some help/guidance. I had setup a wifi connection with static IP. I must say that the connection via GCC was always sketchy, at best. Than, some 4 weeks ago, I was no longer able to connect via Wifi neither with GCC. I tried changing the configuration for Auto IP which caused further issues, as now I am completely unable to access even the connections window.

My guess is that I stopped having access with the release of the new update that came out a couple of weeks ago, which I did not know at the time.

My plan is the following:

1 - Delete the current WiFI connection in GCC
2 - Update to the new wifi firmware
3 - Redo the WiFi connection

Does this sound Ok?

Did this work for you?

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so im following. I have an apwx classic "gold" and now im ready to upgrade. Ghl has caught my eye. Still got awhile before upgrade time so it's watch and research time lol.

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this work for you?

Hi, thanks for asking! It did work for me in the sense that I now have a working wifi connection. However, the process was far from straightforward and after reboot lost my sensor settings. Had to recalibrate the Salinity probe after that. The other strange thing is that when I try to access the iP address of the P4 at the bottom the wifi module firmware version comes out as n.a....? Even though things seem to be working.

But the system still infuriates me... the interface is a mess. I mean, yesterday I was in the middle of a maintenance water change when the level sensor in the sump sounded an alarm indicating water was getting close to overflow onto the floor. I dove for my PC and tried to stop the maintenance so that the return would start working.... nothing. Probably the connection had been lost. So now I dive into the P4 itself, removing the panel of my stand while the water level kept rising. Than pressing the (highly unresponsive and severely lagged) display I managed to stop the maintenance...

After that I noticed that the water level in the sump was too high and I had to disconnect the skimmer so that in would not overflow. Again, in myGHL I tried to click the outlet to the off position. The delay is so large that I ended up pressing several times. Still it would not go off. Than I thought,"let's put it in manual override" thinking that in this mode I would be able to manually override the skimmer outlet alone... nooooo, in manual override you loose control of EVERYTHING! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35].

So my skimmer eventually overflowed into the sump, before I went of the outlet and manually pulled it out of the socket... I mean, this is not a controller! At best is a tool to keep your parameters in check. When performing even a simple thing as disconnecting one outlet is so counterintuitive what is the point? I have never owned an APEX but every time I have to interact with the P4 I feel I should have....

Sorry about the rant!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the myGHL for maintenance work. I have not set up the touch screen yet but would use that for maintenance task's. The new Phone app will be out at the end of October.

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefwiser, thanks for your support. In fact, most of the support I received thus far has came from you and a couple of other users. I do see that I need to buy the touchscreen because controlling the unit with myGHL is mostly impossible. Maybe the app will help, maybe not. I confess that if it were not for the cost I would switch to Neptune...

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the myGHL for maintenance work. I have not set up the touch screen yet but would use that for maintenance task's. The new Phone app will be out at the end of October.

Im sorry that happened to you VJV, I also do not use wifi or myghl at all for maintenance, I do everything on the touch screen. I dont use any overflow sensors yet. It sounds like your wifi connection is weak, and is dropping the ball, but just a guess?

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Steve. My WiFi has a very strong signal across the house. I stream full HD Netflix anywhere without a glitch. My internet connection is for 120MB download, and over WiFi I get on average 40MB, which is good. Never had WiFi issues so I guess this is related to the P4.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Steve. My WiFi has a very strong signal across the house. I stream full HD Netflix anywhere without a glitch. My internet connection is for 120MB download, and over WiFi I get on average 40MB, which is good. Never had WiFi issues so I guess this is related to the P4.

You should def get with support to clear this up. A lot of variables to consider and im sure than can run you through the checklist.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back