Stevo's Profilux 4 - Ultimate Set Build Out

Pandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is I've got three plugs for my lights that are on different time settings, then my ZEOvit reactor is on a timer to flush, plus the chiller and heater etc

Enquiried today and my local store only has the black version in at the minute, and it'll be a 3-4 week wait for a white one. Just my luck that they have the other colour to what I want lol

Mike O.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have an opinion on the best place to order one? I'd love to see one in person first but can't find a dealer in central Florida.

Craig Skinner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! I'm in research mode for a controller ( never owned one), been away from the hobby for over 10+ years now and planning to get back in the game! I've been looking at the Apex Fusion and I'm not really impressed at all, looks cheaply made at best ( hate the color scheme too), it has some serious software issues also from what I can gather but it is a new release from this good company and I'm sure they will get on top of these issues! I'm not bashing Neptune at all but I'm really not to impressed either! There UI is really attractive to me being a non techie person though, ease of set up and use is very important to me!

Now I just discovered the GHL Profilux 4 and have been learning about this company and it's products, very nice, solid looking equipment and great dependability track record, excellent internal components and it looks sweet too!!

From reading this thread and many others I see that the Profilux 4 has software issues also a beta release always does, the thing is I STILL WANT IT ANYWAYS!! By the time My set up is ready for it, maybe as much as a year from now (bummer) GHL will have gotten on top of these software issues and I can only hope that they will improve the UI and make it easier to program and set it up. Hopefully they will have their WiFi, apps and cloud connectabilty worked out also.

The P4 shows so much promise with these and other improvements, I'll be watching closely as it passes from beta to a fully implementable controller!

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to unplug my probes from the controller in order to move/re-organize my electronics and after plugging them back in Conductivity and pH seem to be off, as in 30 ppt for conductivity and 10.8 for pH. I confirmed with titrate tests those readings are incorrect.

Do I need to re-calibrate them? Or why are they suddenly off? Anyone had this?

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to unplug my probes from the controller in order to move/re-organize my electronics and after plugging them back in Conductivity and pH seem to be off, as in 30 ppt for conductivity and 10.8 for pH. I confirmed with titrate tests those readings are incorrect.

Do I need to re-calibrate them? Or why are they suddenly off? Anyone had this?

Yes, i would recalibrate the probes. You should recalibrate them regularly. Ive heard once a month.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Steve,
Just about to take the plunge so thanks for this thread
Anthony

Happy to help Anthony!

I think any controller can be difficult on the initial setup, especially if its your first controller. For me this was my first. Once it is setup and you become friendly with the software it really is a breeze. I love going up to the touchscreen, tapping my feed mode or maintenance mode, and be able to get going instantly. timers, and sensors are just awesome!

Anthony Mckay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be my first computer too. First problem was deciding which one that was hard enough lol
But I've plumed for the P4 not as many people with them so can be hard to get info so this thread is great.
I have alot of( non GHL) stand alone stuff that I'm messing around with electronics so the P4 will control them.
There's alot of clever people getting them to work on apex so shouldn't be too hard to modify their great work.
If you hear a big bang it didn't lol !!!

Pandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally received mine last week!

Absolutely love it - no idea what I'm doing, but love it all the same.

(Sorry for the terrible phone image, didn't have my camera to hand)

Profilux 4.jpg

Anthony Mckay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this is a daft question. Doe's anyone use a tablet mounted somewhere on their aquarium using wifi to control the P4 rather than the touch pad ?
Thanks

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this is a daft question. Doe's anyone use a tablet mounted somewhere on their aquarium using wifi to control the P4 rather than the touch pad ?
Thanks

I have a dedicated laptop that I use for programming. The touch pad is for daily use of switches and logging.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back