Stevo's Profilux 4 - Ultimate Set Build Out

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks #stevo01, none of that was working for me until I realised there was an auto com# tab. 1-whatever wasn't connecting. All good now, though getting stumped 10 seconds into it probably isn't a good sign lol

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myghl is read only right now for p4 users. Keep an eye on the GHL forums for when the P4 can use read / write.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks #stevo01, none of that was working for me until I realised there was an auto com# tab. 1-whatever wasn't connecting. All good now, though getting stumped 10 seconds into it probably isn't a good sign lol

It gets easier :)

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Feb 11th Matthias wrote quote:

"When we released ProfiLux 4, write access in myGHL had been disabled,
in order to have a look with all the devices connected and how they react.

After finishing our tests, we enabled it now, so you can control it by storing
settings made, as you can on ProfiLux 3, Mitras LX7 and Doser 2, already.

Do not make too much changes at once and review the settings you made.
Even after intensive testing, it's not possible to guarantee, that all is free of bugs at this time."

This is why I was asking, because mine is still read only. I'm wondering if they reversed it.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@stevo01 I was able to get all of my sensors calibrated. I appreciate your write-up! I'm still having the issue with the "start 1-4" display screen, but I've found some temporary workarounds that allow me to access the settings screen. The Marco guy from GHL actually never got back to me. I was a little surprised.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@stevo01 I was able to get all of my sensors calibrated. I appreciate your write-up! I'm still having the issue with the "start 1-4" display screen, but I've found some temporary workarounds that allow me to access the settings screen. The Marco guy from GHL actually never got back to me. I was a little surprised.

Glad to hear your calibrated now! Have you tested against to see how they are reading? That "start 1-4" is annoying. Don't understand why its flipping. Same to @d2mini. Try to be patient with the staff. I imagine they are getting swamped with questions. From what ive seen they are all very helpful and do respond. They seem to really care about their end users. Try hitting him up again.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great write up! We really do appreciate you sharing your experiences with us. :)

Regarding the Start 1-4 loop, we've identified the problem and will be releasing an update which will address this. After the update, users will be able to calibrate the touch key sensitivity to their liking.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@stevo01 hey bud how's your conductivity probe treating you? I'm experiencing a pretty heavy downward drift in conductivity readings with mine. There's a thread about it with multiple people experiencing the same effect.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@stevo01 hey bud how's your conductivity probe treating you? I'm experiencing a pretty heavy downward drift in conductivity readings with mine. There's a thread about it with multiple people experiencing the same effect.
Mine is holding steady.
It's also the same probe I've had since I bought my Profilux 3 back in 2012.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It automatically opens the "start 1-4" page for feeding pause. When I hit the X button, it closes it, then half a second later it automatically re-opens the feeding pause "start 1-4" display page (without me pressing anything).

You're not alone ! Mine does the same thing and the 1-4 screen doesn't time out.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also found when I select the feed mode the specified timer (#1 in my case) does not activate but the opposite happens when the timer start as it does trigger the appropriate feed mode.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also found when I select the feed mode the specified timer (#1 in my case) does not activate but the opposite happens when the timer start as it does trigger the appropriate feed mode.
I'm curious... what timer are you initiating with Feed Pause?
I haven't tried that myself. I usually just have it turning pumps off.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they have identified the issue for it.

Regarding the Start 1-4 loop, we've identified the problem and will be releasing an update which will address this. After the update, users will be able to calibrate the touch key sensitivity to their liking.

I don't think it's just touch key sensitivity, though, as I've tried pressing it very very gently, and firmly pressing it, with the same effect.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set timer one to run 3 times a day for 8 seconds each time, I then tied it to a socket which turns on for the 8 seconds to power my feeder.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just downloaded and installed the latest firmware. The "start 1-4" screen has stopped auto-looping. This is good news!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back