Still can’t figure out what’s wrong with wrasse

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely “challenging” his competition... himself.

I’ll +2, I would probably treat with metro prophylactically or just add him to the tank at this point.

OP
OP
ReefWithCare

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely “challenging” his competition... himself.

I’ll +2, I would probably treat with metro prophylactically or just add him to the tank at this point.

Alright, I'll add him to the DT once my 125G is gone after the weekend. I'm going to skip the metro. I haven't had an addition in over 3 months. If I get bit by brook after 3 months of no additions, safety stop, cooper, etc I'll just throw my hands up and just quit the hobby out of frustration lol.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, I'll add him to the DT once my 125G is gone after the weekend. I'm going to skip the metro. I haven't had an addition in over 3 months. If I get bit by brook after 3 months of no additions, safety stop, cooper, etc I'll just throw my hands up and just quit the hobby out of frustration lol.

Did they all get safety stop before going into the clean QT? If so, you’re probably good for brook anyway...

OP
OP
ReefWithCare

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they all get safety stop before going into the clean QT? If so, you’re probably good for brook anyway...

Yup [emoji16].

My QT protocol has always been SS dip, then into display, treat Copper for 30 days, feed fish metro dosed food, PraziPro two rounds in between. Test copper with Hanna every 3/4 days or before and after water change. I write down all the copper level measurements on the tank.

That’s why I was losing my mind trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with him this whole time and concern about giving him even more meds lol.

I though about using Rally instead of SS going forward - but SS works so well for me not having to worry about measuring.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would only switch to rally if you are going to follow up with metro in the water column as well... 14 days. I love rally, it’s much easier on the fish... but doesn’t quite pack the punch of formalin on brook.

OP
OP
ReefWithCare

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would only switch to rally if you are going to follow up with metro in the water column as well... 14 days. I love rally, it’s much easier on the fish... but doesn’t quite pack the punch of formalin on brook.

Well looks like you can’t get SS on amazon prime anymore so I’m switching to rally lol.

I have a ton of metro on hand so I can do that. I didn’t know you could feed metro and have it dosed in water at the same time. Do you just dose it once over the 14 days?

lagatbezan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well looks like you can’t get SS on amazon prime anymore so I’m switching to rally lol.

I have a ton of metro on hand so I can do that. I didn’t know you could feed metro and have it dosed in water at the same time. Do you just dose it once over the 14 days?

for metro you would dose at double the dose (2 scoops per 10g) every 48 hours for 14 days. Not sure for Rally.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for metro you would dose at double the dose (2 scoops per 10g) every 48 hours for 14 days. Not sure for Rally.

Yep^

Rally is administered as a bath, 90-minutes in a separate container (I use a 5-gallon bucket, airline, and a small tetra heater) 5ml per gallon.

OP
OP
ReefWithCare

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I put him in the DT last night. He ate today. Still doing that weird twitching/flashing, but not scratching against rocks or sand.

OP
OP
ReefWithCare

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I put him in the DT last night. He ate today. Still doing that weird twitching/flashing, but not scratching against rocks or sand.

New update - I installed an oxygentator last night. He appears to stopped spazzing out. Seems like nerves was definitely the issue [emoji28]

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 27 39.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back