Still Not satisfied with light setting Orphek Atlantik V4 (Gen 2)

DDK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello My Reefing Family

I am not satisfied with the light setting as my corals sometimes get bleached (SPS)
Sometimes I also feel the light is too harsh.

I am attaching my tank parameters and Light settings.

Please help me with a good light parameters and guide me which is the best settings for mix reef.

Regards
DDK

947a464b-eb84-426b-9b7b-49fd467ba052.JPG IMG_4208.jpg

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure exactly what you’re going for in terms of schedule and set points. I don’t use orpheks, but I am sure that you can tweak the light spectrum to your eye’s liking then adjust your intensity from their.

In regards to sps bleaching, it could be from a number of things besides the lighting.
A picture of your system and your ailing corals would help to identify some of your issues.
I would measure the par at the corals and determine if it is the lights that are too strong or if their is an underlying parameter or pest issue.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that you’re having issues. Perhaps think outside the glass box that it’s not really your lights? I set my Radions and forget it — don’t really tinker that much.

How mature (old) is the tank? I personally had challenges with SPS way back but once after the 1 year mark, I can’t kill SPS fast enough — they’re growing like weeds and it’s “frustrating” to have to frag them! Lol.

I think that your Alk & nitrate are a little on the high side. I run alk at 8.5 and nitrate around 20ish. Regardless, are other corals growing? How are your maintain consistent Alk? SPS doesn’t like wild swings in Alk. Finally, how are your sourcing those SPS? Are they fully encrusted or cut ones? I’ve found that fully encrusted frags have a higher chance of success than fresh cut ones.

Good luck!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would suggest to provide more info as mentioned above. Dead sps corals turn white, but people use the term "bleaching" which is not correct.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello My Reefing Family

I am not satisfied with the light setting as my corals sometimes get bleached (SPS)
Sometimes I also feel the light is too harsh.

I am attaching my tank parameters and Light settings.

Please help me with a good light parameters and guide me which is the best settings for mix reef.

Regards
DDK

947a464b-eb84-426b-9b7b-49fd467ba052.JPG IMG_4208.jpg
Would like to see the po4 closer to .1 and nitrate closer to 20 and the higher CA may be impacting your alk
For lights - Try:
Cool blue 80
blue 75
royal 85
violet 8
white 20

OR

channel 1 = 20
Channel 2= 18
channel 3 = 80
Channel 4 = 90

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 33.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 43 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 34 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 30 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back