Stingray

fishfinn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2015
Messages
123
Reaction score
20
Location
Long Island, New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to keep a stingray like a Cortez or another one of the smaller rays. What do I need and/or what type of sand is the best? I have about a 3/4" SB right now but I was thinking about adding like 2" more of live fine sand for the Ray, that's enough I'd think. Anything else I need to know other than the typical things like what they eat, how they live in an aquarium, and what tank mates are good. I have a 300g tank 8'x24"x30" is that ok? What are the best rays for a tank that size besides Cortez? My LFS has a small Cortez in right now, anything I should look for health wise when buying one? Thanks
 
SB right now

What is SB? 3/4 of an inch of sand is fine. Make sure it is eating and isn't curling up. Cortez rays are a good choice and so are yellows. Mazuri shark ray vitamins is something to consider to give it as a supplement.
 
What is SB? 3/4 of an inch of sand is fine. Make sure it is eating and isn't curling up. Cortez rays are a good choice and so are yellows. Mazuri shark ray vitamins is something to consider to give it as a supplement.

SB = sand bed :)
 
Ok, only thing is the sand isn't too fine, it's like in between fine and crushed coral, should I change this sand out for now fine sand
 
Rays like powder fine sand...on the aquaculture site I always find them in the 'soft' sand...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new