STN help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Junglejim
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So I think it was something multi-faceted, my Alk was a little low, so I started Kalkwasser in my ATO and stopped using filter socks to aide in increasing phosphates. Well red slime algae is now growing like mad, lost two frags of SPS and the burned tips of the other corals stopped. However 1 week ago I put my filter socks back in and noticed today I was getting some color loss and burned tips again. So this is my theory, tell me if I'm crazy. 6 months ago I upgraded my washer and dryer from the set I got 15 years ago, cheap top loaders, to fancy high efficient front loaders. My theory is that the front loaders retain soap and what not from my clothes and when I wash my filter socks the residual "suds" get into my filter socks! What do you think?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new