Stn. Please help

  • Thread starter Thread starter mcs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mcs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2016
Messages
128
Reaction score
44
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had this colony for two years. Although it has grown, it has been mildly pale the last several months. Our tank par was <200 and we have low phos and nitrates so I have been slowly increasing light intensity, have turned off the skimmer for six hours a day and have been feeding a little more. I had one day of low ph (to 7.77) with stable dKH in the 8’s that corrected with relatively small water change. Mg rose to 2100, has been stable for years with no change in amount added. Recently sent water for icp analysis (2weeks ago) and everything ok (mg ok at the time. I turned the mg infusion down 20%. Can I do anything to save this coral?
c3985afe2465b2e640b4abf2a06a7879.jpg
 
We have had this colony for two years. Although it has grown, it has been mildly pale the last several months. Our tank par was <200 and we have low phos and nitrates so I have been slowly increasing light intensity, have turned off the skimmer for six hours a day and have been feeding a little more. I had one day of low ph (to 7.77) with stable dKH in the 8’s that corrected with relatively small water change. Mg rose to 2100, has been stable for years with no change in amount added. Recently sent water for icp analysis (2weeks ago) and everything ok (mg ok at the time. I turned the mg infusion down 20%. Can I do anything to save this coral?
c3985afe2465b2e640b4abf2a06a7879.jpg
I would love to hear more from the acro people, but I would frag a healthy piece.
 
Acro eating flatworms most likely, picture is a little fuzzy but pretty sure that brown mass right in the middle of the white spot is eggs
 
We got several corals from wwc a few weeks ago. I dipped them all in coral rx.
 
Dipping the effective corals should help. You can also dose nutrients to get your corals to color up a little
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new