Stock List 32 Gallon Biocube

cgress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I’m just getting into saltwater after being in freshwater for awhile. I was wondering if I can keep these fish together in my 32g:

2 clowns
1 damsel
Green mandarin goby
Coral beautry
Shrimp, Hermits, etc…

If I can’t keep all those together, why and is there fish that have similar colors to those that would work. If they can end up working, when would you introduce them all?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aggression will be an issue in that size tank most likely. Coral beauties also may eat your coral. The green mandarin will most likely starve until your tank is really mature, even then...unless you get one that eats pellets for certain. There are lots of pretty options for your tank, so don't get discouraged.

Upvote 0

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could do a pair of clownfish. If you want color there are all kinds of community fish in the goby and blenny families that offer vivid colors.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cgress

cgress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aggression will be an issue in that size tank most likely. Coral beauties also may eat your coral. The green mandarin will most likely starve until your tank is really mature, even then...unless you get one that eats pellets for certain. There are lots of pretty options for your tank, so don't get discouraged.
If I removed the damsel, do you think the angel will be an issue yet. What color fish would you recommend instead of the mandarin and angel? Thanks for the help, saltwater is completely different from fresh

Upvote 0

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I removed the damsel, do you think the angel will be an issue yet. What color fish would you recommend instead of the mandarin and angel? Thanks for the help, saltwater is completely different from fresh
The angel will get big. They are 50/50 on being jerks and 50/50 on eating coral. Do you mind if I link some pics of well behaved options?

Upvote 0

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Probably a blue devil, nothing expensive
Funny that you mention this...my son has one with 2 clowns in a biocube. He is a total baby, but this is absolutely not the norm. He spent over a year in a 2 gallon tank at the lfs. NOBODY would buy him.
MVIMG_20190908_193006375.jpg

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi everyone, I’m just getting into saltwater after being in freshwater for awhile. I was wondering if I can keep these fish together in my 32g:

2 clowns
1 damsel
Green mandarin goby
Coral beautry
Shrimp, Hermits, etc…

If I can’t keep all those together, why and is there fish that have similar colors to those that would work. If they can end up working, when would you introduce them all?
Yes but add clowns last. I would not recommend damsel as , if it gets aggressive, you will likely Not catch it for removal. Angel should be ok but caution with coral. Will get to 3" or below
Here was my past Biocube

93cube1.jpg

Upvote 0

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would look at a yellow watchman goby/ tiger pistol pair. Also firefish or royal grama. I personally like the tail spot blenny over the firefish. Take a look at those for starters.

Upvote 0

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon tank with two clowns, a springers damsel, and a yellow watchman goby. No aggression issues so far (I've had them all for just over a year)

Upvote 0

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely recommend the tailspot blenny! So much personality.

The goby/pistol pairs are also a really cool and interesting option.

A few others to consider:
  • Court Jester Goby
  • Diamond Goby
  • Pink Streaked Wrasse
  • Possum Wrasse
Yes but add clowns last. I would not recommend damsel as , if it gets aggressive, you will likely Not catch it for removal. Angel should be ok but caution with coral. Will get to 3" or below
I thought Coral Beauty Angels needed a 70+ gallon tank; is that not the case?

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I absolutely recommend the tailspot blenny! So much personality.

The goby/pistol pairs are also a really cool and interesting option.

A few others to consider:
  • Court Jester Goby
  • Diamond Goby
  • Pink Streaked Wrasse
  • Possum Wrasse

I thought Coral Beauty Angels needed a 70+ gallon tank; is that not the case?
Ive had them in smaller tanks including bio cube and a 50g cube and even current one in a 400g only at about 3"

Upvote 0

stalkem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here was my past Biocube

93cube1.jpg
I toyed with the idea of adding a small yellow tang to my BioCube... curious what you did with yours as it grew?

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back