Stock List 32 Gallon Biocube

cgress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I’m just getting into saltwater after being in freshwater for awhile. I was wondering if I can keep these fish together in my 32g:

2 clowns
1 damsel
Green mandarin goby
Coral beautry
Shrimp, Hermits, etc…

If I can’t keep all those together, why and is there fish that have similar colors to those that would work. If they can end up working, when would you introduce them all?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I toyed with the idea of adding a small yellow tang to my BioCube... curious what you did with yours as it grew?
It graduated

1705585358283.png

Upvote 0

stalkem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with @Katrina71's recommendations. I have a BioCube 29, and I have a similar stick list.
  • Clown Pair
  • Mandarin Dragonet - I've been adding @AlgaeBarn 5280 copepods monthly, but he also attacks the pipet, so I feed him by hand every day. He's probably the most fun to watch in the tank, bc he just swims all over and does his thing and couldn't care less about any of the drama with other fish... but is a bit of a pain to maintain.
  • Royal Gramma - looks great, when he comes out, which is rare.
  • Hi Fin Red Banded Goby & Candy Cane Pistol Shrimp... was hoping to get them to pair. I think I tricked myself into thinking I've seen the shrimp once since I added him, but I don't even know. Hi Fin has his hidey holes, and is fun to watch him pop out to eat whatever I'm piping out for the dragonet.
  • Yellow Watchman Goby
  • Midas Blenny. I've read that they have great personalities and are fun to watch, but could be a bit aggressive. I added this last. It tried to nip at my clowns, but they shut it down, and now he's sulking and dug a little burrow in the sand. Hope he comes around because they sure are fun to watch swim!
  • Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
  • Slew of snails and hermit crabs (check out @reefcleaners for a crew tailored to your tank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of six of my 7 fish ( tail spot blenny is not in it) in my 32g Biocube. 2 clowns, sixline wrasse, diamond watchman goby, royal gramma and a yellow tail damsel. They all live in harmony.
09C39AD9-C5DD-408F-AF5B-43D0214F766E.jpeg

Upvote 0

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 32 I have 2 Clowns, Orchid Dotty, 2 Springers and a Jaw, Fire Shrimp, 2 urchins, 3 conchs, 3 Cowries, Turbo, 3 Trochus, 2 Astraea, a few hermits, a few sea stars, 3 Emeralds. Everyone gets along. But I wanted to pull out the Damsels to drop in the big tank to make sure the cycle is OK and no way could I catch those things. I tend to over feed so everything has food so the high nutrients gave me some GHA. If I could get the Springers out I would add a Lawn Mower.

Upvote 0

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you're obviously the fish whisperer!
That was taken before the tail spot was added. Of dozens of pictures that is the only one with all the fish in it. It could be another 2 years before I get another one!

Upvote 0

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was taken before the tail spot was added. Of dozens of pictures that is the only one with all the fish in it. It could be another 2 years before I get another one!
Haha. Fair enough but I was more referencing that you get a bunch of fish with dubious reputations to get along in a nano.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back