Stock list - Step by step

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

Below stock list has been agreed between my self- and the control tower at home; now it is just a matter of which order to add them to our new tank. Stock and suitability vs. tank size has been extensively discussed in a separate thread.

Any comments on which order to add all these beautiful fish to our new tank? :) I will off course make sure not to go too fast, currently i am planning two weeks between the batches..

EDIT: Tank is measuring 6x2x2’ and will be fish only

1st batch - Tank cycle complete (already have!)

- 2 x Common Clown Fish
- Assorted Clean-up Crew

2nd batch (already have!)
- 1 x Timor Wrasse
- 1 x Lawnmower Blenny

3rd batch (already have!)
- 1 x File Fish

- 4th batch (already have!)
1 x Mandarin Goby
1 x Copperband Butterfly

5th batch
- 1 x Royal Gramma

6th batch
- 1 x Orangeback Fairy Wrasse
- 1 x McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse
- 1 x Wrasse (Which ones TBC)

7th batch
- 1 x Coral Beauty
- 1 x Long Nose Hawk Fish

8th batch
- 1 x Diamond Goby
- 1 x Yellow Watchman Goby
- 1 x Chalk Goby

9th batch
- 6 x Carberryi Anthias

Last batch
- 1 x Yellow Tail Purple Tang
- 1 x White Tail Kole Tang
- 1 x Yellow Sailfin Tang

Cheers!!

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Reefers,

Below stock list has been agreed between my self- and the control tower at home; now it is just a matter of which order to add them to our new tank. Stock and suitability vs. tank size has been extensively discussed in a separate thread.

Any comments on which order to add all these beautiful fish to our new tank? :) I will off course make sure not to go too fast, currently i am planning two weeks between the batches..

1st batch - Tank cycle complete (already have!)
- 2 x Common Clown Fish
- Assorted Clean-up Crew

2nd batch (already have!)
- 1 x Timor Wrasse
- 1 x Lawnmower Blenny

3rd batch (already have!)
- 1 x File Fish

- 4th batch (already have!)
1 x Mandarin Goby
1 x Copperband Butterfly

5th batch
- 1 x Royal Gramma

6th batch
- 1 x Orangeback Fairy Wrasse
- 1 x McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse
- 1 x Wrasse (Which ones TBC)

7th batch
- 1 x Coral Beauty
- 1 x Long Nose Hawk Fish

8th batch
- 1 x Diamond Goby
- 1 x Yellow Watchman Goby
- 1 x Chalk Goby

9th batch
- 6 x Carberryi Anthias

Last batch
- 1 x Yellow Tail Purple Tang
- 1 x White Tail Kole Tang
- 1 x Yellow Sailfin Tang

Cheers!!
there is no answer here. If it was possible - and you had a very well cycled tank - add them all at once. More important - Is how big is your tank. IMHO - you have a lot of territorial fish. But - there again IMHO - is no magic to the order of addition. There can be problems either way.

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is no answer here. If it was possible - and you had a very well cycled tank - add them all at once. More important - Is how big is your tank. IMHO - you have a lot of territorial fish. But - there again IMHO - is no magic to the order of addition. There can be problems either way.
Thank you, appreciate your feedback :) We have put a lot of time and research into our stock list- i know that you can always run into problems; trying to get it right and give our new fishies the best possibilities to thrive and hopefully get along!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank is it?
This is best answered in dimensions, no matter what thread I personally think this is always needed. Even if it’s been put in another thread, it’s good to put it in the current thread.
Nobody can give you an answer until you answer the main questions.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you, appreciate your feedback :) We have put a lot of time and research into our stock list- i know that you can always run into problems; trying to get it right and give our new fishies the best possibilities to thrive and hopefully get along!
Right - it's clear - the problem is that individual fish that are supposed to be 'aggressive' - are not - and those that are 'meek' are not. I had a Dottyback - that was supposed to rule the tank - (it was a big tank) - she hung out in the area she wanted to - and never was aggressive. One never knows. I will give you one caution - or question - do you have a quarantine protocol? Or at least an idea of what you're going to do for disease prevention - if not - I would get than plan(whatever it is) in place

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right - it's clear - the problem is that individual fish that are supposed to be 'aggressive' - are not - and those that are 'meek' are not. I had a Dottyback - that was supposed to rule the tank - (it was a big tank) - she hung out in the area she wanted to - and never was aggressive. One never knows. I will give you one caution - or question - do you have a quarantine protocol? Or at least an idea of what you're going to do for disease prevention - if not - I would get than plan(whatever it is) in place
Good question! :)

The planned minimum time between the batches going in are based on that all fish will be quarantined for two weeks undergoing copper treatment regardless of whether they appear ill, healthy etc.

Should any fish show sign of not being healthy, next batch will no go in until such time :)

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank is it?
This is best answered in dimensions, no matter what thread I personally think this is always needed. Even if it’s been put in another thread, it’s good to put it in the current thread.
Nobody can give you an answer until you answer the main questions.
Above is the planned stock for a fish-only tank measuring 6 x 2 x 2 ‘ :)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good question! :)

The planned minimum time between the batches going in are based on that all fish will be quarantined for two weeks undergoing copper treatment regardless of whether they appear ill, healthy etc.

Should any fish show sign of not being healthy, next batch will no go in until such time :)
I would recommend strongly - with the planning you're doing - that you read the quarantine protocol recommended here - especially if you're ordering online.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend strongly - with the planning you're doing - that you read the quarantine protocol recommended here - especially if you're ordering online.
I’ll give that a good ready, thank you! Always wise not to base your plans on only one source of information :)

Curently, i al planing on following the recommendations by BRS and their recent playlist on fish health and quarantine

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Above is the planned stock for a fish-only tank measuring 6 x 2 x 2 ‘ :)
Now that that’s answered we may get a few more answers :)
It’s rather late now for me so I’m not really answering much however I am watching the thread so in the morning I can give an answer.

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that that’s answered we may get a few more answers :)
It’s rather late now for me so I’m not really answering much however I am watching the thread so in the morning I can give an answer.
Aye, should have included that vital piece of information ;)

It’s quite late in Scotland too mate- the time difference isn’t that big though :p Enjoy your evening;

Cheers!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ll give that a good ready, thank you! Always wise not to base your plans on only one source of information :)

Curently, i al planing on following the recommendations by BRS and their recent playlist on fish health and quarantine
All good!!!! This protocol was put together by an expert in QT - and the disease expert on R2R. I would be sure to analyze the rationale and credentials especially with your (IMHO) - extremely ambitious additions. And - please post pictures !!!!!!!! (i.e. make a build thread)

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All good!!!! This protocol was put together by an expert in QT - and the disease expert on R2R. I would be sure to analyze the rationale and credentials especially with your (IMHO) - extremely ambitious additions. And - please post pictures !!!!!!!! (i.e. make a build thread)
I will- thank you! ;) I’ll see if i can juggle a build thread on this one alongside my Cade 1200 whichis cycling just now..

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would consider adding the diamond goby earlier. They are great at turning over the sand and keeping the sand look fresh. You will no doubt have some form of outbreak as you add more fish. Keeping that sand look fresh will help with the control tower from waving you down.

Also, list is missing angels. You need to add in a Majestic, Asfur, Blueface, Regal, Personifer and Scribbled.

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would consider adding the diamond goby earlier. They are great at turning over the sand and keeping the sand look fresh. You will no doubt have some form of outbreak as you add more fish. Keeping that sand look fresh will help with the control tower from waving you down.

Also, list is missing angels. You need to add in a Majestic, Asfur, Blueface, Regal, Personifer and Scribbled.
I’ll definitely take that piece of goby-advice into consideration! :)

As for the angelfish- that’s an awful lot of angels ;) Do you have one of them in mind- or all of them?

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just a precaution question: If the Sailfin stars acting aggressively to the Yellow to the point there is a visible problem, or vis versus, do you have any plan or trick up your sleeve? Also mind this silly question. U said you wanted 9 of the Anthias right? Why not 10 lol?

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just a precaution question: If the Sailfin stars acting aggressively to the Yellow to the point there is a visible problem, or vis versus, do you have any plan or trick up your sleeve? Also mind this silly question. U said you wanted 9 of the Anthias right? Why not 10 lol?
Also I just realized it was 6 Anthias for the 9th batch…my bad

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should aggression be an issue, i have a very good LFS who will source all these fish for me. He is willing to take some of them back, replace etc. should we have any issues.

For the antbias’ , the plan is for 6 individuals to have a shoaling kind of feature fish in the tank :)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 60 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 72 36.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.1%
Back