Stocking 15 Gallon Tank

One clownfish or two? If one then yes I think it could work, but if 2 clownfish, I think they would start to get more aggressive later on when they start spawning. 4 fish in a 15 gallon is a bit tight and would need some luck to make it work. IMO
 
Upvote 0
Three fish should work. If you are planning to have any LPS corals in the tank, I suggest no shrimps. They all steal food and bother the corals. If you have rockwork with cave, firefish may not be a good idea. They can be very shy and stay most of time hiding. Royal Gramma or Banggai Cardinalfish are better options in my opinion.
 
Upvote 0
Can this stocking work in a 15-gallon reef? (Clownfish + Clown Goby + Purple Firefish + Fire Shrimp)
As @Mr. Mojo Rising stated, a single clownfish with the goby and firefish may work. If you're getting 2 clowns in hopes of pairing them, then only they should be in that tank, which is still on the smaller side depending on the clowns.
 
Upvote 0
Three fish should work. If you are planning to have any LPS corals in the tank, I suggest no shrimps. They all steal food and bother the corals. If you have rockwork with cave, firefish may not be a good idea. They can be very shy and stay most of time hiding. Royal Gramma or Banggai Cardinalfish are better options in my opinion.

This is my setup
20260927_141816_3B8C0FA5-0512-42A3-B130-43559B3A2A58.png
 
Upvote 0
Three fish should work. If you are planning to have any LPS corals in the tank, I suggest no shrimps. They all steal food and bother the corals. If you have rockwork with cave, firefish may not be a good idea. They can be very shy and stay most of time hiding. Royal Gramma or Banggai Cardinalfish are better options in my opinion.

Can it work for purple firefish?
 
Upvote 0
Three fish should work. If you are planning to have any LPS corals in the tank, I suggest no shrimps. They all steal food and bother the corals. If you have rockwork with cave, firefish may not be a good idea. They can be very shy and stay most of time hiding. Royal Gramma or Banggai Cardinalfish are better options in my opinion.
Would an Ocellaris Clownfish and Royal Gramma be too aggressive toward each other in a 15-gallon tank?
 
Upvote 0
Can it work for purple firefish?
I don't have experience with a purple, but I have a red firefish. This one was very shy at the beginning, but as the weeks pass by, it becomes bolder and bolder. Now it's out in the middle of the tank almost all day long, though it retreats to a cave if spooked (which doesn't happen very often).
 
Upvote 0
Can this stocking work in a 15-gallon reef? (Clownfish + Clown Goby + Purple Firefish + Fire Shrimp)
No guarantees of anything of course and while on the edge, I thinks that’s workable.

For the clowns, nothing agressive, and you might go 2, Occs, juveniles, about 1/2”.

The clown goby will like to perch on a branch and will nip Acros, otherwise, great choice.

I’d do the firefish first with the shrimp.
Then the goby.
Then the clowns last.

Good luck, that would make a great crew.
 
Upvote 0

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new