Stocking a 120g harder then I thought

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had tanks up to 500g never have been to big into fish so always kept it simple. My go 2s were always sixline,yellow tangs, chromis, & clowns. As my kids have gotten older they really like the different fish. I have a 120g with sixline yellow tang chromis and a red fin fairy wrasse. All fish were qtd in stock tanks and added together. But here's the problem

My sixline is being a Bullie I tried a trap but was to late he beat my fairy wrasse into hidding. Feeding time was the only time it would come out now and would get hit by the sixline and shoot back into hidding. I knew his end was coming this is why I set a trap but was to late.

Im not done stocking the tank I would like a few other fish should I just remove the sixline all together or leave him?

KJa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bullies get time out. If nothing else I would introduce the sixline last. Maybe that way he won't be so aggressive since he's the last one to the party (tank).

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixline wrasses and their cousins (mystery wrasse and others) don't play well with other wrasses. I would trap him, or catch him with a small barbless hook.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixlines are notoriously aggressive to fish added after them, moreso to other wrasses. There are exceptions, but not as many as there are horror stories.

There are plenty of other peaceful fish that do what the sixline does. Catch the sixline out if you want more fish.

OP
OP
EW_Fish

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixlines are notoriously aggressive to fish added after them, moreso to other wrasses. There are exceptions, but not as many as there are horror stories.

There are plenty of other peaceful fish that do what the sixline does. Catch the sixline out if you want more fish.
Yeah, Thing is I added all the fish at the same time they did well for the first 3 weeks then not so well

OP
OP
EW_Fish

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set the trap went to the store came back I have caught a sixline. Guess he will get fat off the pods in the sump
5iWzr6n.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back