Stocking Advice - 40G Breeder w/20 Sump

jpcemc8285

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I are stocking our second tank. It has been up and running a few months and it will be a FOWLR. Our main tank has coral.

We currently have two unique clowns in the tank, one peaceful decorator crab and a banded coral shrimp.

My wife has a list of fish she likes, so I figured I would post it here and have you guys make suggestions on what will/will not work. I know we can only have a few more fish, so suggestions are welcome.

Bear in mind, I dont plan to stick ALL of these in the tank. These are just what we like. We have a 75G tank for fish to move into when/if needed.

Canary Blenny
Resplendant Anthias
Rusty Angelfish
Marine Betta
Flame Cardinalfish
Sunset Butterfly
Blue Reef Chromis
Tuxedo Urchin

Any other suggestions, things to pull off of our list (and why), etc.

Thanks!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I are stocking our second tank. It has been up and running a few months and it will be a FOWLR. Our main tank has coral.

We currently have two unique clowns in the tank, one peaceful decorator crab and a banded coral shrimp.

My wife has a list of fish she likes, so I figured I would post it here and have you guys make suggestions on what will/will not work. I know we can only have a few more fish, so suggestions are welcome.

Bear in mind, I dont plan to stick ALL of these in the tank. These are just what we like. We have a 75G tank for fish to move into when/if needed.

Canary Blenny
Resplendant Anthias
Rusty Angelfish
Marine Betta
Flame Cardinalfish
Sunset Butterfly
Blue Reef Chromis
Tuxedo Urchin

Any other suggestions, things to pull off of our list (and why), etc.

Thanks!
I think the Sunset Butterfly needs to come off the list since you have inverts. The Marine Betta will likely eat the other fish in your system once it gets larger so that is a concern also.

OP
OP
J

jpcemc8285

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the Sunset eat the inverts or just harass them? And good to know on the Betta.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the Sunset eat the inverts or just harass them? And good to know on the Betta.
Every individual fish is different, but they are considered not to be reef safe because they will actually eat the inverts.

Back