Stocking advice for a 40 aio cube

Trhodes92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

I was wondering if I have any additional options for my 40 cube I am setting up. I am combining two 13.5 tanks so my current stock would be:

2 snowflake clowns
1 Rainford’s Goby
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Randall’s pistol shrimp

I was hoping to maybe add a lawnmower blenny and maybe one other fish to the mix if possible. Thank you so much for any advice!

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really do think all fish are beautiful, but I'm afraid that lawnmower blennies stretch my sense of beauty to the limit. They just look like Jabba the Hutt and tend to match his personality, too. And they like to be fed. A lot. Which distressed me when I first saw mine turn up its nose at the algae and make a beeline for the mysis. They're a must if you like fat fish that loll around the tank, though. I'd personally go for a Molly Miller blenny, which are kinetic and lively. Okay, they're hyper, but lots of fun to watch. But I see you have a Rainfordi, and my Molly Miller actually plows into other fish, so maybe that's not a good substitute afterall.

I have the following in my IM40 cube:

coral beauty
flameback angel
flametail blenny
matted filefish
pygmy geometric "hawkfish" (aka perchlet)
sulphur damselfish
molly miller
royal gramma

...and lots of snails, a variegated urchin, and two shrimp. Strangely, there's little bad behaviour. And yes, I do have space in other tanks in case a troublemaker arises.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Trhodes92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really do think all fish are beautiful, but I'm afraid that lawnmower blennies stretch my sense of beauty to the limit. They just look like Jabba the Hutt and tend to match his personality, too. And they like to be fed. A lot. Which distressed me when I first saw mine turn up its nose at the algae and make a beeline for the mysis. They're a must if you like fat fish that loll around the tank, though. I'd personally go for a Molly Miller blenny, which are kinetic and lively. Okay, they're hyper, but lots of fun to watch. But I see you have a Rainfordi, and my Molly Miller actually plows into other fish, so maybe that's not a good substitute afterall.

I have the following in my IM40 cube:

coral beauty
flameback angel
flametail blenny
matted filefish
pygmy geometric "hawkfish" (aka perchlet)
sulphur damselfish
molly miller
royal gramma

...and lots of snails, a variegated urchin, and two shrimp. Strangely, there's little bad behaviour. And yes, I do have space in other tanks in case a troublemaker arises.
I have never heard of a Molly Miller before. They look pretty cool! Also I bet your tank is beautiful and I’ll keep my fingers crossed that no trouble arises for you! Thank you for the advice!

Upvote 0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.5%
Back