Stocking ideas?

BaileyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a 145 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump, eshopps s300.. what can I stock?
Number one fish that I’m going with is a porcupine puffer. I also wanted a lionfish, and snowflake eel. Is that too much or good on stocking? Thanks in advance my first fish only saltwater tank.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a 145 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump, eshopps s300.. what can I stock?
Number one fish that I’m going with is a porcupine puffer. I also wanted a lionfish, and snowflake eel. Is that too much or good on stocking? Thanks in advance my first fish only saltwater tank.
Triggerfish, tangs, dwarf angels, etc are all great choices. I love the puffer, they’re very personable fish! Personally, I don’t think the lion is a good idea because they kind of need live foods to live their best lives so I’d drop him. I don’t see any issues with the snowflake as long as you’re prepared for it with a lid and such to prevent it from escaping

OP
OP
BaileyB

BaileyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triggerfish, tangs, dwarf angels, etc are all great choices. I love the puffer, they’re very personable fish! Personally, I don’t think the lion is a good idea because they kind of need live foods to live their best lives so I’d drop him. I don’t see any issues with the snowflake as long as you’re prepared for it with a lid and such to prevent it from escaping
Got a secure lid, and that sucks on the lionfish, what kind of live foods just feeder fish? Live crustaceans?

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's any consolation, lionfish genuinely aren't that cool. They mostly just stay still and don't do much, and trying to do maintenance while working around their spines is a pain.

That said, if you wanted to go for a lionfish, the fuzzy dwarf lion would be a good choice.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a secure lid, and that sucks on the lionfish, what kind of live foods just feeder fish? Live crustaceans?
Mollies, guppies, ghost shrimp, and the like according to Lion King; who’s the resident expert all things lion

Blue throat trigger, pink tail trigger, a lot of different tangs I wouldn’t put anything in the Naso family in there but zebra soma should be okay. Live Aquaria has a tank gallon size suggestion which is pretty helpful.

make sure you don’t add any tasty little crustaceans in there cause your eel will eat them. Just do your research and you’ll be okay, lots of threads here about caring for snowflakes and good choices for tankmates.

what kind of tank are you going for? SPS, LPS, Softie, Fish-oriented with coral for color, predator tank, community tank, rainbow fish, etc. It’ll help us give suggestions you might like better :)

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about a Porcupine Puffer but ask. :)

What are the dimensions of the tank?

Clownfish pair

Any dwarf angel

Basslets

Blennies

Shrimp and goby pairs

Hawkfish

Assessors

Many wrasses

Some hogfish

Cardinalfish

Zebrasoma Tangs (except Sailfin)

Smaller Acanthurus Tangs

All Bristletooth Tangs

Genicanthus Angels

Roaps Butterflies

Yellow Pyramid / Zoster Butterfly

Smaller Filefish

Smaller Morays

Damsels (yes, but know which varieties are comparatively calmer)

Maybe smaller and less active Triggerfish?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back