Clown Ocelaris pair

maybe one or two others this tank is gonna be a reef

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six lines can get very aggressive I would avoid on that size tank. A mccoskers flasher wrasse or other smaller flasher and fairy wrasses like a blue line is a better choice. A pink streaked or possum wrasse are also good, peaceful replacements for a six line.

The flame angel is borderline- usually people recommend a 75+ gallon tank. It may be ok, it may be aggressive. I would add it last if you get it. Consider a coral beauty as a more peaceful alternative. A flame back or cherub angel are smaller alternatives.

Other fish to consider include Midas blenny, a shrimpgoby with randals pistol shrimp, a trio of azure damsels, diamond back goby, a trio of scissor tail dart fish, a royal gramma, flame hawkfish Really you have lots to choose from. Good luck!

OP
OP
G

guccibopit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six lines can get very aggressive I would avoid on that size tank. A mccoskers flasher wrasse or other smaller flasher and fairy wrasses like a blue line is a better choice. A pink streaked or possum wrasse are also good, peaceful replacements for a six line.

The flame angel is borderline- usually people recommend a 75+ gallon tank. It may be ok, it may be aggressive. I would add it last if you get it. Consider a coral beauty as a more peaceful alternative. A flame back or cherub angel are smaller alternatives.

Other fish to consider include Midas blenny, a shrimpgoby with randals pistol shrimp, a trio of azure damsels, diamond back goby, a trio of scissor tail dart fish, a royal gramma, flame hawkfish Really you have lots to choose from. Good luck!
Coral beauty
clown pair
christmas wrasse
Coris wrasse

do you think that might work

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral beauty
clown pair
christmas wrasse
Coris wrasse

do you think that might work

Lots of wrasses called "christmas wrasse." Make sure it's H. claudia.
Coris wrasse needs to be actually H. chrysus (yellow "coris" wrasse), and not one in the Coris genus...those get huge.

Those two wrasses would be cousins (same genus), so there possibly could be an issue. As PBH mentioned, a fairy or flasher might be a better choice to mix with christmas/coris.

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be ok to mix those two wrasses iy May result in aggression. I’d consider a flasher instead, but it’s your tank and so balance the advice with your desires - the stocklist is on the borderline so it could work, but it could result in you needing to rehome a fish.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my stocking list is

Flame Angel
Coris Wrasse
Sixline Wrasse
Clown Ocelaris pair

maybe one or two others this tank is gonna be a reef

Coris and 6 line will likely fight since neither is very tolerant of other wrasses. Given the reef factor be aware that the coris will be an invert muncher and gets very big (or are you referring to the often mislabeled Yellow Coris Wrasse). The Flame Angel is a gamble with corals and it comes down to the individual fish.

OP
OP
G

guccibopit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back