Stocking list approval

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I'm looking at getting a Reefer 625 (133 gallon tank, 32 gallon sump) and would like to stock it with the following fish below. I plan on having a protein skimmer that can handle 175 gallon heavy bioload. I know that not all these fish will be added right away since some take a little time for the tank to be established, but I'm trying to think long term (trying to cover every color, and no more than 1 of each species):

1603901121842.png

This list is fish only, doesn't include any CUC and the tank would be a FOWLR tank.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be aware that your mandarinfish and yellow "coris" wrasse may compete for 'pods, and that your kole tang and lawnmower may beef with one another over algae resources.

Those are the conflicts that jump out at me.

~B.

OP
OP
ajtomase

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be aware that your mandarinfish and yellow "coris" wrasse may compete for 'pods, and that your kole tang and lawnmower may beef with one another over algae resources.

Those are the conflicts that jump out at me.

~B.
Thanks! Are there any other wrasses that are flatworm eaters? I wanted to make sure I had a fish that did that in my tank. For the algae eaters, I've seen tanks with multiple tangs and algae eaters in the same tank so i thought two algae eaters wouldn't be so bad...

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue reef chromis generally do better in groups, there’s a high chance that your kole tang will have beef with the lawnmower Blenny but it shouldn’t be that bad. You should be fine but personally I’d add maybe 2 or 3 more chromis

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flasher and fairy wrasses aren't guarenteed for flatworm, but may go for them. Your better bet is a good QT program (dips, observation) so you don't get pests.

OP
OP
ajtomase

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kole tang and blenny might get into it as they both compete for algae. You’ll find lots of threads of Kole Tangs going after algae blennies
Dang, ok. What about replacing it with a one spot fox face. Two algae eaters and the tang should leave the fox face alone

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Are there any other wrasses that are flatworm eaters? I wanted to make sure I had a fish that did that in my tank. For the algae eaters, I've seen tanks with multiple tangs and algae eaters in the same tank so i thought two algae eaters wouldn't be so bad...

Most of the wrasses that eat flatworms also eat 'pods - since the wrasses eat prepared food as well, they don't mind if 'pods run low, but that may cause issues for the mandarin. My own ghost flatworm population has boomed since pulling my blue-star and redline wrasses for QT. I don't know about blue/green/red mandarins, but target mandarins will often eat flatworms themselves.

~B.

Back