Stocking List for 36 Gallon

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The difference is that a 40 breeder is a 36x18 tank with an actual volume of about 48 gallons, and that fluval tank is an all in one with about 9 gallons in the rear chamber. Thanks for the snark, by the way. That's always helpful.
There was no snark intended, honestly. I didn't know that a 40 breeder was closer to 48 gallons, I've heard everything from 40 gallons standard to 45 gallons, but never heard up to 48 gallons, and always just assumed 45 was an outer measurement, not an inner measurement so that's why people think it's 45. I've also never bothered to run the math. I did also try to look up that Fluval tank and it's not listed on Fluval USA's website, so I did not know that it was an AIO, I assumed it wasn't. So then yes, the gap is much wider than I initially thought.

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be fine adding another fish. I have 5 in my 25 gallon. I would avoid a second blenny though, as it's mixed reports on if some are compatible or not. The royal gramma or an orchid dottyback would be a good addition

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 35 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back