Stocking options for Nuvo 100g

  • Thread starter Thread starter turbo2oh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

turbo2oh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
179
Reaction score
56
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current stock (8 fish): 2 ocellaris clowns, 4 Dispar anthias, Royal Gramma, Tailspot blenny. Tank is ~100g with RFS-39 sump, Apex/DOS/skimmer, stable and mixed reef (few LPS/softies so far).

I want to keep aggression low and eventually add a mandarin, so I am avoiding wrasses that would compete for pods.

For my next edition I’m considering a Midas blenny or a tang(yellow, fox face?, tomini)

After that eventually a mandarin.

Questions for the community:
• Experiences with Midas and Tailspot blenny together?
• Kole or Tomini vs Yellow tang in a 100g, which worked better long-term?
• Any other peaceful utility fish I should consider that will not compete with a mandarin’s food source?

Thanks for any input!
 
Current stock (8 fish): 2 ocellaris clowns, 4 Dispar anthias, Royal Gramma, Tailspot blenny. Tank is ~100g with RFS-39 sump, Apex/DOS/skimmer, stable and mixed reef (few LPS/softies so far).

I want to keep aggression low and eventually add a mandarin, so I am avoiding wrasses that would compete for pods.

For my next edition I’m considering a Midas blenny or a tang(yellow, fox face?, tomini)

After that eventually a mandarin.

Questions for the community:
• Experiences with Midas and Tailspot blenny together?
• Kole or Tomini vs Yellow tang in a 100g, which worked better long-term?
• Any other peaceful utility fish I should consider that will not compete with a mandarin’s food source?

Thanks for any input!
Could go with some fairy and/or flasher wrasses. Mine eat from the water columns while my leopard, Halichoeres, pink streaks and Anampses decimate pods. Still got a mandarin and hoping it works out.
 
Yeah I was considering a foxface and was concerned about size. Also started looking into bristletooth tangs.
 
I’ve been reading foxface can pick on LPS?

Considering now:
Midas blenny
Kole tang
Tomini tang
One spot foxface
Yellow tang

Anything else to consider?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new