Stocking Order for my FOWLR?

MeanGreenStompa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, about to set up my 180 FOWLR and wanted to know the order to stock my fish?

Picasso Trigger
Emperor Angel
Harlequin Tusk
Cuban Hog
Powderblue Tang
Kole Tang
Dogface Puffer
Zebra Moray

I get that things like the angel, tangs and trigger should be later rather than sooner, but which before which?

FangsAndGames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Hog
2. Tusk
3.trigger
4. Angel
5. Tangs
6. Morary (if he’s small add him in earlier)
Reasoning:

Hogs are shy and will need some alone time to claim territory and know where stuff is. Tusks can be shy too and they love to explore. Triggers aren’t as aggressive as angels. Tangs will bully any new additions and possibly the angel will too. I had a zebra moray until I found out where my fish were disappearing. He ate eat small fish and small-medium sized tangs.

OP
OP
MeanGreenStompa

MeanGreenStompa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Hog
2. Tusk
3.trigger
4. Angel
5. Tangs
6. Morary (if he’s small add him in earlier)
Reasoning:

Hogs are shy and will need some alone time to claim territory and know where stuff is. Tusks can be shy too and they love to explore. Triggers aren’t as aggressive as angels. Tangs will bully any new additions and possibly the angel will too. I had a zebra moray until I found out where my fish were disappearing. He ate eat small fish and small-medium sized tangs.

ah, that's interesting and contrary to what I'd been reading, I'd selected the Zebra as everything had said they were pure shellfish predators and not interested in fish. Perhaps I'll swap him out for something more 'visual'.

FangsAndGames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m telling u man that’s exactly what I was told. We fed him cocktail shrimp and tiger prawns. Guess he decided on fish some nights with his main course. Check out snowflakes. They eat fish but are beautiful

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only thoughts would be emporer last and powder blue either last with the emporer or next to last. I don't think any of the others will cause any issues with each other. The emporer will likely end up be king and can be tough on new additions, as well as the powder blue can also be tough on new additions.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back