Stocking Order for my FOWLR?

MeanGreenStompa

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2020
Messages
77
Reaction score
47
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, about to set up my 180 FOWLR and wanted to know the order to stock my fish?

Picasso Trigger
Emperor Angel
Harlequin Tusk
Cuban Hog
Powderblue Tang
Kole Tang
Dogface Puffer
Zebra Moray

I get that things like the angel, tangs and trigger should be later rather than sooner, but which before which?
 
1. Hog
2. Tusk
3.trigger
4. Angel
5. Tangs
6. Morary (if he’s small add him in earlier)
Reasoning:

Hogs are shy and will need some alone time to claim territory and know where stuff is. Tusks can be shy too and they love to explore. Triggers aren’t as aggressive as angels. Tangs will bully any new additions and possibly the angel will too. I had a zebra moray until I found out where my fish were disappearing. He ate eat small fish and small-medium sized tangs.
 
1. Hog
2. Tusk
3.trigger
4. Angel
5. Tangs
6. Morary (if he’s small add him in earlier)
Reasoning:

Hogs are shy and will need some alone time to claim territory and know where stuff is. Tusks can be shy too and they love to explore. Triggers aren’t as aggressive as angels. Tangs will bully any new additions and possibly the angel will too. I had a zebra moray until I found out where my fish were disappearing. He ate eat small fish and small-medium sized tangs.


ah, that's interesting and contrary to what I'd been reading, I'd selected the Zebra as everything had said they were pure shellfish predators and not interested in fish. Perhaps I'll swap him out for something more 'visual'.
 
I’m telling u man that’s exactly what I was told. We fed him cocktail shrimp and tiger prawns. Guess he decided on fish some nights with his main course. Check out snowflakes. They eat fish but are beautiful
 
My only thoughts would be emporer last and powder blue either last with the emporer or next to last. I don't think any of the others will cause any issues with each other. The emporer will likely end up be king and can be tough on new additions, as well as the powder blue can also be tough on new additions.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new