STOCKING QUESTION

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of now I have a 50 gal display, diy sump approx. 25 gal., running a large external skimmer reef octopus 3000ext (came off of my 220 gal system I had to downgrade from.) Im running a zetlight 6600A light.
my current fish list is

1 clownfish
2 firefish
2 pj cardinals
1 orange stripe prawn goby
1 green mandarin
1 tomini tang

I would like to add just a couple more fish and here is my thoughts

1 flasher wrasse
1 flame angel
1 coral beauty angel same time as flame

this tank is hopefully going to be upgraded by September to either a 48x18x24 or a 48x24x24. whichever I can raise the funding for. I understand the 2 angels could be a real issue. I also know that the tomini is kind of a messy fish. I love an active tank and that's a reason for the oversized skimmer. Could anyone give me their experiences with these angels. I doubt any of these will be in the works till after my upgrade I might get them just before the upgrade to qt them then add in a few weeks after my current stock. let me know what your thoughts are please.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely wait to get the angels until you are ready for the upgrafe. They can be housed together, but is more likely to succeed with adequate space and if added simultaneously.

OP
OP
mckinleyw

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!! I will definitely wait on angels. WIth my current stock would a wrasse be too much in my current tank?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the skimmer you have on that thing, I think you'd be ok. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned... but make sure it's covered, wrasses are notorious jumpers.

OP
OP
mckinleyw

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right i have one hole that i lost my midas to. Looking at my options at sealing this before any more additions my qt is sealed nobody is jumping out of it. I may have a couple options on covering my openings that are left available to me. I built my own canopy out of marine grade poly... mostly sealed just have a hang on overflow which causes a small opening [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G935V using REEF2REEF mobile app

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back