stocking question

bwiniecki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am new to the saltwater hobby but have been in the freshwater hobby for years. i have recently set up a 60S somatic protein skimmer, i will eventually have a dual GFO and carbon reactor i am going to run a 7 gallon refugium in the sump with cheato, for lighting im doing 2 AI prime HD's and the tankis a 40 gallon breeder. i want to know if this stocking is a good idea. Also how long will I be able to keep the yellow tang before it out grows the tank?

-first a pair of Percula Ocellaris Clownfish

-Then a yellow tang as a baby, my LFS agreed to buy it from me when it gets larger.

-a diamond goby

-a banner cardinal

- a Potters Angelfish

-Flame Angelfish

-a Eibli Angelfish

-rose bubbletip anenome

-serpent starfish

i will probably also have some hermit crabs and snails. And i will also just have some LPS and softies. So what do you guys think?

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am new to the saltwater hobby but have been in the freshwater hobby for years. i have recently set up a 60S somatic protein skimmer, i will eventually have a dual GFO and carbon reactor i am going to run a 7 gallon refugium in the sump with cheato, for lighting im doing 2 AI prime HD's and the tankis a 40 gallon breeder. i want to know if this stocking is a good idea. Also how long will I be able to keep the yellow tang before it out grows the tank?

-first a pair of Percula Ocellaris Clownfish

-Then a yellow tang as a baby, my LFS agreed to buy it from me when it gets larger.

-a diamond goby

-a banner cardinal

- a Potters Angelfish

-Flame Angelfish

-a Eibli Angelfish

-rose bubbletip anenome

-serpent starfish

i will probably also have some hermit crabs and snails. And i will also just have some LPS and softies. So what do you guys think?
looks mostly good so far the only concerns I have are

1. angelfish will often fight each other specially in smaller tanks so Imo I would recommend only going with one of the angelfish

2. anemones are a pain in the butt they often wander around the tank picking the worst possible place to settle. For example mine has picked the shell of my clam, a cave that receives no direct light and a spot that receives minimal flow. However they can look spectacular and if they die they can nuke your tank.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
132C97EE-7C1C-423C-89B2-B52CB21D88FF.jpeg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back