Stocking recommendations

duffstanton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I’m looking for some recommendations on additional stocking suggestions. I have a 140 gallon bare bottom tank. currently I have the following fish.

Purple tang
Fox face
Tomini tang
Two clowns
Four yellow tail damsels
One blue green chromis
Midas blenny

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on Genicanthus angels, the only angel I would trust in a mixed reef. I've had a pair or Bellus angels for years, nice fish. Also look at pyramid or zoster butterflies. If you can find them, schooling bannerfish (heniochus diphreutes) are reef safe, but you need to make sure you are getting true diphreutes and not acuminatus. Wrasses are nice, but without sand you need to provide a way for them to sleep, like lots of nooks and crannies in rocks.

Upvote 0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on Genicanthus angels, the only angel I would trust in a mixed reef. I've had a pair or Bellus angels for years, nice fish. Also look at pyramid or zoster butterflies. If you can find them, schooling bannerfish (heniochus diphreutes) are reef safe, but you need to make sure you are getting true diphreutes and not acuminatus. Wrasses are nice, but without sand you need to provide a way for them to sleep, like lots of nooks and crannies in rocks.
Not all wrasses need sand, most do and I wouldn’t keep those species without a sand bed as it can potentially stress them out too much.

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back