Stocking Suggestions

ehealy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming out of a 30 day treatment cycle to my DT (won't add for another 30 days or so) but would love some thoughts on what to add to my fish only system. 90 gallons, currently have a yellow bellied hippo, yellow tang, cinnamon clown and picasso trigger. Lost a lion and a pink faced wrasse in the outbreak. Hoping to add 2-3 tank mates. Thinking a butterfly and/or angel and maybe a fox face. Thanks in advance!

Ed

Terry Le

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Pyramid butterfly or Zooster butterfly they both very hardy fish. For angel you might want to go with Flame. I would not go with any of the fish that will get too big for your 90

tim132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't beat a beautiful copperband in my opinion. It's just so hit and miss with them that's the only problem.

OP
OP
ehealy13

ehealy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow watchman goby with a shrimp would he nice when viewing the bottom. Also a 6 line would be nice.
Thanks, notnewjustbad! Unfortunately, had to treat the DT with cupramine, so I don't think the shrimp would survive. I'm definitely going to add those two in my upcoming reef tank! Yes, another wrasse would be a great idea...miss my old one.

OP
OP
ehealy13

ehealy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Pyramid butterfly or Zooster butterfly they both very hardy fish. For angel you might want to go with Flame. I would not go with any of the fish that will get too big for your 90
Thanks, Terry Le! Size is definitely a factor, and I will re-home any of my fish when appropriate. My hippo tang is growing faster than the others and is being a bit of a bully; nothing too serious yet, luckily...just chasing the others, no nipping thankfully.

OP
OP
ehealy13

ehealy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't beat a beautiful copperband in my opinion. It's just so hit and miss with them that's the only problem.
Thanks, tim132! Great suggestion! It would be a new flash of color to the tank too. I know it's probably foolish, but I have been taking color into consideration when stocking, since it is fish only.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Trigger, Blue Tang will have to be rehomed. :) Yellow could be ok in a 90. :) Foxface, erm, not too convinced as I heard they grow quickly.

Perhaps look into some dwarf angels, Roaps butterflies or for something simple a Klein’s, Shrimp and Goby Pair, blennies, basslets, Chrysiptera damsels etc.

OP
OP
ehealy13

ehealy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Trigger, Blue Tang will have to be rehomed. :) Yellow could be ok in a 90. :) Foxface, erm, not too convinced as I heard they grow quickly.

Perhaps look into some dwarf angels, Roaps butterflies or for something simple a Klein’s, Shrimp and Goby Pair, blennies, basslets, Chrysiptera damsels etc.
Thanks, Zionas! Some great suggestions!

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Get a multicolor angel, they are beautiful!

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great suggestion, jaganshi066! Do they have the aggression to defend themselves against the current stocking?
Well I have mine with two clowns, a huge yellow tang, and a flameback who bullied it the first day but now no fighting. Maybe the flameback does the occasional chase but no nipping.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• D175FB22-E2F6-416D-8632-4CFB71CBDDA9.jpeg
    D175FB22-E2F6-416D-8632-4CFB71CBDDA9.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 20
Back