storage tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gettie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gettie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2023
Messages
117
Reaction score
82
Location
Bedford
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after storage of my ro/do water with heater in storage tank can I add my salt in my storage also?
 
Last edited:
reverse osmosis water filters after water has been processed to holding tank can I add the salt to my processed water for my saltwater tank
 
reverse osmosis water filters after water has been processed to holding tank can I add the salt to my processed water for my saltwater tank
Yes, if there is RODI (Reverse osmosis deionized water) in the tank, yes you can add the salt. Usually though, you mix the salt in a bucket with the RODI water, then pour it into the tank.
 
I use a dedicated RODI tank, and a dedicated salt tank. If you have the room, it allows you to have more water at the ready if needed, plus I pull from the RODI tank for top off through a kalk reactor.
 
I mix my saltwater in a separate container. First, I do RODI, then I add the salt and mix it in the same bucket.
 
Thanks everyone for the opinions on how you do the mixing the salt with the RODI
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new