Store Credit No Refund??

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TaC can’t violate your rights you. They could not put in the tac that they have the right to ship you broken goods and you have to accept take it and no refunds. Or how did those “can’t leave us bad review” TOS turn out?
Actually, they can. It is part of the contract that you voluntarily agreed too. It’s not a violation of your rights if you agree to the contract without ambiguities. The ‘no bad review’ was a free speech issue which superseded the contract law. Buying something per terms isn’t.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be clear, I am being pedantic about contract law. What feels right vs what is legally enforceable does not always agree. Do I think a store has an obligation to make things right…no. Would I like them too..yes. Do I have empathy for someone who is out money for a dead coral…sure do. My point is strictly about the law side of this.

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, they can. It is part of the contract that you voluntarily agreed too. It’s not a violation of your rights if you agree to the contract without ambiguities. The ‘no bad review’ was a free speech issue which superseded the contract law. Buying something per terms isn’t.
Pretty sure Atleast in my state you have a right to refund or exchange defective products.

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t read the whole thread, but where are the LFSs that offer cash back on things that die? I worked in a few LFSs way back when, and if a customer came in, bought something, and it died (typically w/in a week), the customer was to bring the dead animal in w/a separate water sample. If your water quality checked out, you got…wait for it…store credit.

If your water quality did not check out…well, tough crap.

My favorite was an LFS I worked at for a short time (that has thankfully since gotten shut down). It was a decent sized operation, but the owner didn’t really know much about actual animal husbandry. Just a really good salesman. Anyway, they had the standard policy, and the only way to get credit in a dead animal was to have a good water quality test.

One day I got bored and decided to test all the systems to see if they would even qualify for a guarantee under their own policy. Naturally, they didn’t even come close . Their water was garbage.

So it was OK for them to have trash water, but not their customers.

MaxM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you really? The getting home part yeah, but it often takes 5 minutes to get a simple answer on what a species is, and then a secret handshake to get the price (specifically for coral), if the right person is even there.
Not where I shop. Prices are posted along with species and you can judge conditions yourself.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back