Storing Chemipure in Fridge?

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I'm doing a fluconazole treatment (part two), so I'm wondering if it's safe to pull my chemipure blue out, and store it in the fridge for 2-3 weeks? It's only been in the filter for about 2-3 weeks, so it's definitely not "spent," so to speak. I'd just worry that, if left out (in a plastic bag to retain moisture), it would grow mold.

Any thoughts?

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't that media recharge with bleach? Maybe just recharge it it and let it dry out.
I think you're thinking of Purigen. I believe Chemipure Blue has a Purigen like polymer in it, but it's not just Purigen.

Thank you for the reply, though!

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're thinking of Purigen. I believe Chemipure Blue has a Purigen like polymer in it, but it's not just Purigen.

Thank you for the reply, though!
You are totally right. Sorry about that. I looked a little deeper. Looks like two polymers, and activated carbon. Some resins have issues when they are dried out so I would want to keep it wet.

For what it is worth, I keep all kinds of things in my fridge for 3 weeks without growing mold. I wouldn't hesitate to pull it and store it there. It is really not an ideal surface or food source for mold to take hold. I have a container of damp DI as well as carbon on my patio that have needed to be cleaned out for almost a month. Both still damp and no mold on them either.

I am interested to hear other peoples thoughts. Good luck.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

I would just fill a jar full of tank water and drop in the bag, then seal it up tight. Be sure the bag is fully submerged and jar filled to the top with water. Store it in a dark place. With no air and the salt water I don’t see any issues. I don’t see anything wrong with putting in fridge also. Just remember the fridge will slow mold but will not prevent it.

Too bad the stuff is so expensive. Replacing it would be easy if it was. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back