Strange Acro base growth

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nixmo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nixmo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2023
Messages
25
Reaction score
2
Location
Sydney
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.

Just added my first Acro frags 2 weeks ago and I have no idea what's going on with the Pink Floyd's base. It was glued flat on to the scape but instead of encrusting, it's seems like a base is forming vertically from underneath? Pic attached.

Did I not glue it down properly? Do I just leave it or should I cut it and re-glue?

Messenger_creation_A654DDC1-F346-4AAF-B50D-D86E725A3DE9.jpeg Messenger_creation_A654DDC1-F346-4AAF-B50D-D86E725A3DE9 (1).jpeg
 
It’s hard to tell what’s going on from the pic, but I would definitely not cut it. If it comes loose, you can pull off the old glue and reattach it to the rocks. Any growth after 2 weeks is a good sign.

Here’s my Pink Floyd colony. It’s a striking acro, but a fairly slow grower.
IMG_1940.jpeg
 
It’s hard to tell what’s going on from the pic, but I would definitely not cut it. If it comes loose, you can pull off the old glue and reattach it to the rocks. Any growth after 2 weeks is a good sign.

Here’s my Pink Floyd colony. It’s a striking acro, but a fairly slow grower.
IMG_1940.jpeg
Absolutely gorgeous.

I'll try get a better pic. The section outlined in red is, what i think, growth? It's raised the original base up off the scape. I'm just a noob, learning.
 
It’s hard to tell what’s going on from the pic, but I would definitely not cut it. If it comes loose, you can pull off the old glue and reattach it to the rocks. Any growth after 2 weeks is a good sign.

Here’s my Pink Floyd colony. It’s a striking acro, but a fairly slow grower.
IMG_1940.jpeg

Nice! Hopefully mine will get there someday. It is a very slow grower for sure. I glued mine on the rock and left it for months and it did nothing so I popped it off and put it back on a plug. I've had it for over a year and this is it but at least it's finally starting to encrust.

PXL_20250122_220548478.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new