Strange markings on fox face

  • Thread starter Thread starter edsbeaker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

edsbeaker

Grandma Has A Reef Obsession
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2013
Messages
4,006
Reaction score
16,279
Location
Westfield, Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if these markings are from an injury or disease.
He is out swimming and acting normally. The markings are only on his right side over and around his black spot.

 
Last edited:
Hard to see, but it looks a lot like my foxface did when it got stung. I don't know if it was my a coral, or a BTA, but got stung. It went away on it's own in a few days. Do the spots have a small dark spot in the middle of each one?
 
I’m not sure if these markings are from an injury or disease.
He is out swimming and acting normally. The markings are only on his right side over and around his black spot.


This is a skin reaction and can be coral sting or mucus cones but need better clarity and brighter lighting to clearly assess
 
Hard to see, but it looks a lot like my foxface did when it got stung. I don't know if it was my a coral, or a BTA, but got stung. It went away on its own in a few days. Do the spots have a small dark spot in the middle of each one?
Not that I can tell
 
This is a skin reaction and can be coral sting or mucus cones but need better clarity and brighter lighting to clearly assess
Thanks!!!
I will try and get a better photo. When I change over to white lights he hides in the rocks.
 
Thanks!!!
I will try and get a better photo. When I change over to white lights he hides in the rocks.
Opportunity to take a video
 
Opportunity to take a video
I meant another video. 🤪
He just gets freaked out under the white lights so it’s not looking good trying to get one out of the rocks with better clarity.
 
I meant another video. 🤪
He just gets freaked out under the white lights so it’s not looking good trying to get one out of the rocks with better clarity.
If you can merely take a photo that would be great. (a photo of the area). The video is helpful to see if the fish is breathing fast, etc - you've already confirmed it looks normal. Spots on only one side is 99.9999% not do to a parasite (a protozoal parasite).
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new