Strange PH and ORP probe readings

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my PH and ORP probes both produce these strange drops at random times through the day, then pop back up to the correct reading. My PH probe was calibrated twice two days ago with 7 and 10, and is showing the correct PH reading. Both of these probes are sitting in the third chamber of my sump, with the return pump. The thermometer probe is sitting in the first chamber with the drain/skimmer. Any insight to what could cause these strange blips? I have yet to "Restart" my apex and I have re-seated the connectors.

XQsBLoR.jpg

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried overlaying your outputs on the graph to see if the dips correlate with a device being turned on and off? If it does, it could be electromagnetic interference.

OP
OP
ocncheffy

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried overlaying your outputs on the graph to see if the dips correlate with a device being turned on and off? If it does, it could be electromagnetic interference.
Nothing that turns off and on over the 3 hour anomoly period that I can tell... I suppose I can place my probes in a different part of the sump and see if it happens again.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing that turns off and on over the 3 hour anomoly period that I can tell... I suppose I can place my probes in a different part of the sump and see if it happens again.

Interference has more to do with probe cabling than the actual probe placement.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah interesting, I do have all the cables looped around together for organization, should I split them off and see if it stops?

If possible, run your probe cables separate from power cables.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back