Strange PH and ORP probe readings

ocncheffy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
225
Reaction score
116
Location
Manitoba
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my PH and ORP probes both produce these strange drops at random times through the day, then pop back up to the correct reading. My PH probe was calibrated twice two days ago with 7 and 10, and is showing the correct PH reading. Both of these probes are sitting in the third chamber of my sump, with the return pump. The thermometer probe is sitting in the first chamber with the drain/skimmer. Any insight to what could cause these strange blips? I have yet to "Restart" my apex and I have re-seated the connectors.

XQsBLoR.jpg
 
Have you tried overlaying your outputs on the graph to see if the dips correlate with a device being turned on and off? If it does, it could be electromagnetic interference.
 
Have you tried overlaying your outputs on the graph to see if the dips correlate with a device being turned on and off? If it does, it could be electromagnetic interference.
Nothing that turns off and on over the 3 hour anomoly period that I can tell... I suppose I can place my probes in a different part of the sump and see if it happens again.
 
Nothing that turns off and on over the 3 hour anomoly period that I can tell... I suppose I can place my probes in a different part of the sump and see if it happens again.

Interference has more to do with probe cabling than the actual probe placement.
 
Interference has more to do with probe cabling than the actual probe placement.
Ah interesting, I do have all the cables looped around together for organization, should I split them off and see if it stops?
 
Ah interesting, I do have all the cables looped around together for organization, should I split them off and see if it stops?

If possible, run your probe cables separate from power cables.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new