Strange Red filament

nanoreefer23

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2024
Messages
101
Reaction score
27
Location
Piscataway
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Duncan coral mysteriously die two days ago and now im seeing this strange red filamentous mass under my ricordia mushroom. Any idea what this is and if it’s dangerous? Here is the best picture I could get under white light, it looks reddish in color even under white light.
IMG_0111.jpeg
 
I can't really determine much in your pic. If you touch it does it wipe off easily like cyano or does it stay in place like hair algae?
 
Are you talking about what I circled in yellow?
Screenshot_20250225_095540_Samsung capture.jpg

I dont know but also wanted to make sure I was looking in the correct place?
 
Yeah it was really hard to get a picture. But here it is with a circle around it. It looks like an animal or part of it.

IMG_0111.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new