Strange small white Spot on Clownfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter New_Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Okay, do you think I could get away with copper treatment directly in the tank as I have no coral or CUC ? or is hyposalinity the only real option?

There is a good chance that if you dose copper in your display, that you will need to test and do a partial redose every day or so. Then, the sand and rock will have absorbed some copper, rendering it unfit for use in coral/invertebrate tanks later on.

Hyposalinity doesn't have that drawback.
 
Agree with Jay - and sorry I missed your other pictures - still looks somewhat odd for ich - and it seems like the original spot is still there - however - copper at this point makes sense. It's not going to hurt.
 
Agree with Jay - and sorry I missed your other pictures - still looks somewhat odd for ich - and it seems like the original spot is still there - however - copper at this point makes sense. It's not going to hurt.
Okay maybe I will try with copper treatment. Is there a chance this maybe Flukes instead of Ich I have noticed some head twitching? If so is a freshwater dip worth a try ?
 
There is a good chance that if you dose copper in your display, that you will need to test and do a partial redose every day or so. Then, the sand and rock will have absorbed some copper, rendering it unfit for use in coral/invertebrate tanks later on.

Hyposalinity doesn't have that drawback.
Is it ever possible to remove the copper using further post treatment ?
 
Okay maybe I will try with copper treatment. Is there a chance this maybe Flukes instead of Ich I have noticed some head twitching? If so is a freshwater dip worth a try ?
And BTW - the copper would be in another tank. Again - you can also use hypo salinity as discussed
 
Yes from initial research it does look like it may be Ich. I did not quarantine the fish however they are the only livestock in the tank. I have had them a week today. They seem to be showing pairing behaviour (some dancingnot seen any aggression.

Okay again thank you for the reply. I have attached some more images from today it seems both fish now have some white spots. I’m now thinking potentially Brooklynella ?
It doesn't look like Ich to me. I had ich on my amazon puffers and they were much smaller. Have you checked into fin Rot? It can affect the skin as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new