Strange thing on my acro

azreefer93

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2022
Messages
147
Reaction score
66
Location
Tempe
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I received a few mariculture acro frags today and I spotted a spider shaped object on them. It’s like a part of the acro that I can’t scape it off. Wanted to share here to see if anyone has any idea.

IMG_6001.jpeg


Thank a lot!
 
Last edited:
I figured by searching image with chatgpt, turn out it is the acropora barnacle. Maybe superglue over their hole will be the best solution for now!
I think that is right, batnacles are comensal so they aren't typically harmful especially if its just one. I would just leave it but if you'd rather not have it then that will work.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new